Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Favorite Christmas movie rn:

maxresdefault.jpg

So I've been trying to get caught up on all our trash here, because we had tons of boxes to throw away from the move. Since I don't have a recycling can, I've been slowing getting rid of boxes each week. But then my garage trash can has been slowly getting full from more Christmas present boxes and packaging.

I thought I was going to get all caught up this week, but then I remembered my trash gets picked up on Wednesdays. So this week and next week = no trash pick up (they're a private company and don't do extra pickups because of holidays).

So I've been trying to get caught up on all our trash here, because we had tons of boxes to throw away from the move. Since I don't have a recycling can, I've been slowing getting rid of boxes each week. But then my garage trash can has been slowly getting full from more Christmas present boxes and packaging.

I thought I was going to get all caught up this week, but then I remembered my trash gets picked up on Wednesdays. So this week and next week = no trash pick up (they're a private company and don't do extra pickups because of holidays).
Is there anywhere nearby you can take your boxes and other recyclables? Our city has recycle bins located throughout for dropoff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anywhere nearby you can take your boxes and other recyclables? Our city has recycle bins located throughout for dropoff.
I got rid of about half by giving them away on Craigslist, but I still had like 30 boxes left.

We do have a dump, but it's only open 7-3, mon-fri. Most useless dump hours ever.

So I just looked it up and the city does provide curbside recycling pickup for the holidays, but I'm not in city limits ☹️

Back