Random Topics 3.1

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not really a huge fan of any of the holidays. Halloween is the one that bugs me the least, I do enjoy being able to dress up funky and no one bats an eye. Plus the half off candy. The rest of the holidays are very meh to me. 
I mean, my favorite holidays are a tie between St. Patrick's Day and Thanksgiving.  Mostly because they both involve my family, a shit ton of food, and a lot of drinking.

Heehee.  You said wood!  And what kind you want on top!  *snicker snicker*

Is this a table or a shelf or a bed?  I'm always cautious with Ikea stuff.  I actually bought a couch/bed from them that lasted years, but I paid more upfront.
It'll be a desk for work/research/painting

It'll be a desk for work/research/painting
I was going to say just check out estate sales/yard sales, but it sounds like you have a specific thing in mind.  I've decided not to buy any furniture until I move into my house...and since I'll never own a house, JK will just live in a furnished apartment forever.

I was going to say just check out estate sales/yard sales, but it sounds like you have a specific thing in mind.  I've decided not to buy any furniture until I move into my house...and since I'll never own a house, JK will just live in a furnished apartment forever.
I've been on the hunt for a better desk forever. And we don't have a lot of space so going this route makes it so I can make it more customized. And then when we move and I have more space, I can replace the top with a larger workspace and Boyfriend can burn the old one. 

I'm slowly attempting to replace our Ikea furniture... Which, right now, includes our dining set, our couch, and an accent chair.

The dining set is just cheap, and while there is nothing wrong with it, we'd like something that can seat at least 6. I'm gunning for an oval dining table, too, vs. the rectangular one we have right now.

The couch is holding up well, though we have replaced the couch cover once (mainly due to a cat who had fun with the old one). We're having luck keeping the new couch cover in good shape by spraying it with a diluted citronella spray every couple of days.

The accent chair is barely ever used, and so is in great condition. It just isn't quite how I see our home style going. I want a more mid-century, western look, and it's a faux leather chair that is pretty nondescript. 

Nothing is in dire need of replacement, which is why its taken so long for us to replace any of it (besides the former couch cover).

Also debating whether our cat would go nuts over a real sheep's hide rug. My guess is, probably. He liked to play with the fake one we used to have...

I mean, I could just do Vegas Thanksgiving with my dad's side of the family, but I don't want to take the time off of work...so I might do sad, all by herself, Thanksgiving-for-one?  Since I'm saving up vacation time to go out after Christmas.  I'll see if I can grab a turkey breast and I'll attempt mini-Thanksgiving.

Wut?  We're going to be there the weekend before Thanksgiving.  You should totally go!

My inversion table arrived yesterday.  Going with 5 minutes before work, and 5 minutes before bed, to see if it helps with my horrible sciatica.  Fingers crossed.

hows that going?
Granted it's only been a few days, but I've been trying to do 5 minutes morning and night, having worked up to about 60 degrees.  It doesn't feel pleasant being on the table - my lower back hurts quite a bit while I'm on it, and it feels like it's really stretching the lower abs/groin area.  But, one of the things that aggravates my sciatica the most is bending over to load/pick up plates at the gym, and it didn't bother me yesterday at all, so I'm cautiously optimistic. 

Ring doorbell recorded my daughter rocking back and forth while sitting on the porch this morning, knees up to her chest, waiting for the bus.  I was wondering what the hell she was doing, until I watched the replay, and heard her damn near shit her pants - clear as day - on the audio recording.

I will always vote for pB&js & a book
fixted

Ring doorbell recorded my daughter rocking back and forth while sitting on the porch this morning, knees up to her chest, waiting for the bus.  I was wondering what the hell she was doing, until I watched the replay, and heard her damn near shit her pants - clear as day - on the audio recording.
Save it for one of those special moments like HS graduation or meeting the boyfriend.  Or both.

Well there’s a chip off the old block right there!

Back