Quiz #19

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLG923PE

Reaction score
A vehicle is approaching a one-lane bridge on a narrow two-lane rural roadway with a posted speed limit of 35 mph. Assuming no vehicles are approaching the same bridge in the opposite direction, the required decision sight distance in feet is most nearly:

a. 275

b. 360

c. 525

d. 625

Answer I C. 525. Green Book Chapter 3. Table3-3. Page 3-7. Maneuver C.

This one had me torn. Obviously no stop condition because no one is coming, but if someone does come you have to stop. Probably just overthinking this one.

I think it's time to get on a run here and start to do some new problems. I'm being overwhelmed by the MUTCD . IT is so rich in content.

I think it's time to get on a run here and start to do some new problems. I'm being overwhelmed by the MUTCD . IT is so rich in content.
You don't need to have memorized everything in the MUTCD, but you should know the content and layout of the manual, and how to navigate it well.

Right now if I asked you about the Retroreflectivity Levels of signs, would you know where to go quickly?

I went to the table of contents and it took me to page 29. Section 2A.07. In about 30 secs I was able to do that. I guess I'm just really nervous.

Back