Question on HCM 2010 equation.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazzymania

Reaction score
I'm doing the 6min solutions number 18 for transportation depth using the HCM 2010 and I don't know how to get TRD in FFS equation. Please help. HCM equation is very different from 2000 version.

I am looking at my 6MS Transpo (E2 P1) right now and Problem 18 (pg 5) is a Breadth vertical curve question, not a Depth FFS question. Perhaps you meant another problem #? Which edition do you have?

I'm doing the 6min solutions number 18 for transportation depth using the HCM 2010 and I don't know how to get TRD in FFS equation. Please help. HCM equation is very different from 2000 version.

Jazzymania to calculate TRD use this equation:

TRD=number of ramps in 6 miles in one direction / 6 mi

For example If you have 1 ramp every one mile your equation will be: TRD = 6/6 =1

If you have 1 ramp every two miles your equation will be: TRD= 3/6 = 0.5

Piece of cake eh?

For example If you have 1 ramp every one mile your equation will be: TRD = 6/6 =1

Piece of cake eh?

Thank you so much!!!

Piece of cake eh?

Thank you so much!!!
Your welcome, remember, on and off ramps in the same direction in a total of 6 miles divided by 6 miles. I saw yesterday one problem where the state one cloverleaf interchange every 1 mile, the cloverleaf interchange has a total of 8 ramps in both directions ( 4 diagonals and 4 loops), so in one direction has 4 ramps, TRD= (4 x 6) / 6 = 4. I hope this help more! Good luck!

Another followup question. In Hcm 2010, the FFS equation is changed from hcm 2000?.

Another followup question. In Hcm 2010, the FFS equation is changed from hcm 2000?.

This is probably a question you don't want to first be asking now (if you are, in fact, taking the PE Civil Transpo depth exam in 7 days from now). ;)

You are right! Just making sure while working on linderberg sample exam . My approach following in hcm 2010 shows different result of their solutions. I have the londerberg old version. Thanks for making sure. Wish me luck

Back