Question about the CA Civil Survey Exam Specifications

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah ptatohed, the current test plan specifications were approved in November 2011 and first used for the October 2012 exam.  Good reference chart though.
You are absolutely right CAP.  I pulled up "my" old Exam Syllabus and there it is:

K64. Knowledge of the U.S. Public Lands Survey System (Section, Township and Range).

Maji, It doesn't...there is no part that tells you that PLSS will be tested.  That's what I'm trying to tell you.  PLSS is not even mentioned in the test plan document.  Look for yourself:  http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/plan_civsurvey.pdf

The fact that it is not included on the test plan means that it cannot be tested on.  The exam content must conform to the published test plan specifications.  If it makes you feel better, email [email protected] for an answer to your question.
Thank you so much for the clarification. I really appreciate you taking the time for us.

CAP, would it be ok if I asked if the topic of photogrammetry is on the exam?  My guess is no.  I blew it off during my studies and I don't recall a question about it on my exam.  But, good grief, it appears in almost every single PE Civil CA-Survey prep material I come across.  Thanks. 

Maji, It doesn't...there is no part that tells you that PLSS will be tested.  That's what I'm trying to tell you.  PLSS is not even mentioned in the test plan document.  Look for yourself:  http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/plan_civsurvey.pdf

The fact that it is not included on the test plan means that it cannot be tested on.  The exam content must conform to the published test plan specifications.  If it makes you feel better, email [email protected] for an answer to your question.
Thank you again. Please answer ptatohed's question when you get a minute.

CAP, would it be ok if I asked if the topic of photogrammetry is on the exam?  My guess is no.  I blew it off during my studies and I don't recall a question about it on my exam.  But, good grief, it appears in almost every single PE Civil CA-Survey prep material I come across.  Thanks. 
That question is something that I thought about asking. Thank you for asking it here.

Thank you again. Please answer ptatohed's question when you get a minute.

That question is something that I thought about asking. Thank you for asking it here.
Good question.  The term "Photogrammetry" itself does not appear in the test plan specifications for the California Civil Engineering Surveying exam.  However, you may encounter a situation where that method is presented in a general knowledge context under T02/K06 or T15. 

Good question.  The term "Photogrammetry" itself does not appear in the test plan specifications for the California Civil Engineering Surveying exam.  However, you may encounter a situation where that method is presented in a general knowledge context under T02/K06 or T15. 
Thank you. 

Back