Question about Scoring of Civil PE exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrivingSideways

Reaction score
So, I had a bad dream about the PE last night. I know this is pathetic. But anyway... in my dream, I got my results back from the PE. I had nailed the afternoon Transportation depth module, receiving full credit for the entire afternoon. However, in the morning, I had totally flunked one portion (I think it was structures). So overall my score was 75 (I know you don't get a score). But I failed, because even though my grade was above the cut score, there was a special rule that you had to hit the cut score for each area of concentration.

Please tell me this was just an awful dream, and you can still pass even if you do poorly on one section, as long as your total score is above the cut score. Morning and afternoon are evenly weighted, right?

Yea, I know I'm a tool, dreaming about the PE...

So, I had a bad dream about the PE last night. I know this is pathetic. But anyway... in my dream, I got my results back from the PE. I had nailed the afternoon Transportation depth module, receiving full credit for the entire afternoon. However, in the morning, I had totally flunked one portion (I think it was structures). So overall my score was 75 (I know you don't get a score). But I failed, because even though my grade was above the cut score, there was a special rule that you had to hit the cut score for each area of concentration.
Please tell me this was just an awful dream, and you can still pass even if you do poorly on one section, as long as your total score is above the cut score. Morning and afternoon are evenly weighted, right?

Yea, I know I'm a tool, dreaming about the PE...
Morning and afternoon are evenly rated, this was just a dream, and yes, you are a tool.

Thus, even though you score 0% = nada in one of the topics (i.e. you failed to score on all economic questions) you theoretically can still pass if you fall within the margin by whatever established cut-score?

Thanks.

RC.

Back