Problem on camara pe reference manual 36-7

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panna1

Reaction score
Hi all,

i am trying to do the problem on page number 36-7 manual. in that problem i am unable to understand why he did not change the subtransient impedance of the motor as it is running at 13 KV. the base value was taken as 13.9KV. someone please explain this.

thank you,

panna

Hi all,

i am trying to do the problem on page number 36-7 manual. in that problem i am unable to understand why he did not change the subtransient impedance of the motor as it is running at 13 KV. the base value was taken as 13.9KV. someone please explain this.

thank you,

panna
also on the kaplan book for three phase base current it is shown as Sbase/Vbase. in most of the books it is actually shown as Sbase/(1.732*Vbase). i am unable to decide which one to use.

thank you,

panna

Careful using the Kaplan power study material. Quite a few errors in there unless they've since corrected them. They might have an errata posted. If you search this sub-forum, you should be able to find a few threads that discuss the nature of the errors.

Back