Prep for PE civil structural in CA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GermanAndGreen

Reaction score
Hi,

I already posted this on "introduce yourself" and hope to get some more responses here.

I want to take the PE structural exam including seismic and surveying here in the Bay Area in California next April. I'm looking for fellow soon-to-be-engineers who have the same or similar goals, please feel free to contact me.

I spent some time comparing materials and different offers. I eventually ordered from amazon (new and used) and ppi2pass.com. Be careful if you order from ppi, some of their stuff is cheaper on amazon, the bundles include mostely too much stuff and before you order, search for promo codes (20%off).

Private sales turned out to be as expensive as amazon used or too old.

Sorry to all who I contacted and didn't buy from.

For now I have:

NEW:

CERM by Lindeburg, 14th edition

Practice Problems for CE PE exam by Lindeburg, 14th edition

Structural Depth Reference Manual for the Civil PE Exam
Williams PhD SE FICE C Eng, Alan

Structural Depth Practice Exams for the Civil PE Exam
Giancaspro PhD PE, James

USED:
Surveying Practice Problems
Nelson, Timothy J

345 Solved Seismic Design Problems
Baradar PE, Majid

Seismic Principles Practice Exams for the California Special Civil Engineer Examination
Baradar PE, Majid

checked out from the publi library :

CE PE Practice Exams by Goswami.

I think that gives me a good start.

Any suggestions on what's missing? Thanks you

GAG, I am not too familiar with Structural but it appears you are missing all of the NCEES listed codes. Also, you'll need more than that one book for Survey. Lastly, I believe the Seismic books you listed are way outdated. So outdated I'd strongly recommend scrapping them. Get a good Survey book and a good Seismic book (not just solved problems). Good luck.

I'm also having trouble finding a comprehensive list of recommended materials that is up to date for the 2015 October test, all of the lists I've found seem to be advertisements and I'm not sure which to trust.

Back