PPI Passing Zone

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavanya

Reaction score
Could someone tell me if it is worth enrolling in the PPI passing zone? I travel a lot and will not be able to take the review classes. So I was considering taking the Passing Zone. Here is a description of that http://ppi2pass.com/ppi/PPIShop.

Please advice. I am planning to take the CA Civil PE exam in October 2009.

Thanks!

I started preparing for the 2009 April PE mechanical exam in November of 2008. I started preparing using the Kaplan books and did not find their material to be complete, accurate or well organized. I was very vocal in expressing my opinions to Kaplan and did not get any response from them at all.

A friend of mine that was preparing for the exam introduced me to the PPI(Professional Publications Inc.). I ordered just about all of their reference material and enrolled into their online review course. Their review material is very well organized, accurate and the course has a structured outline schedule that you can follow or create your own. There are several proctors that are available to answer any questions that you might have as you progress through the study schedule. It is all self motivated and depends purely on your ability to follow a schedule and initiate suggestions using their online forum. This was my first time taking the exam and without PPI's review I don't believe I would have had the same results.

I used PPI and would endorse them as well. The schedule was well laid out, and even though my interaction with the on line advisor was minimal, the chance to have access to the questions of others was helpful.

Any way you look at it, studying is a challenge. I thought PPI was worth it, but then again, the sections of this site with the explanations of practice problems was invaluable. Good luck!

Thanks Alan Coon and Heman. This really helps me a lot. I guess I will enroll as well.

Back