POWER PE FAILING SCORES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would guess @TWJ PE is saying he works in power system reliability (which encompasses performance, coordination, relay settings, loading and so forth....reliability is a mixed bag), not reliability in the sense of failure rates etc. that you would encounter in manufacturing processes. 

Quite rewarding and even impressive that you passed the Power PE as a Structural.  Congrats! 
thanks

i was so elated getting the good news. all the power test takers i talked to walked out looking depressed, with good reason

the civil test was nowhere near as tricky with screwball questions

thanks

i was so elated getting the good news. all the power test takers i talked to walked out looking depressed, with good reason

the civil test was nowhere near as tricky with screwball questions
I gathered that tone from most posting here.  I thought it was a very fair test, tricky, but fair.  Nothing like I expected, at least with how the questions were framed.   With that said, it tested your ability to apply concepts ad nauseam.

same. used PPI for the base knowledge in electrical. used others sources as well
You mean structural references could be used for electrical PE exam?

i have mechanical background and is planning to take power PE exam. Just curious how hard it was for you to take power exam? Did you do any electrical design work? Which books did you use?

You mean structural references could be used for electrical PE exam?

i have mechanical background and is planning to take power PE exam. Just curious how hard it was for you to take power exam? Did you do any electrical design work? Which books did you use?
I don't believe anyone would be able to pass the Power PE with the structural reference. It should be the same review class provider.

I don't believe anyone would be able to pass the Power PE with the structural reference. It should be the same review class provider.
I think you misunderstood. I did not mean reference material, I meant applicant's references or endorsers. I don't know about other states but CA required to have four references of PE engineers who has either worked or supervised one for a particular discipline one is applying for. For my mechanical PE exam, I provided 4 references of mechanical PE's who has worked with me in the past. 

So if I want to take power exam, should I use the new references with PE in electrical or my previous references for mechanical should suffice?

I think you misunderstood. I did not mean reference material, I meant applicant's references or endorsers. I don't know about other states but CA required to have four references of PE engineers who has either worked or supervised one for a particular discipline one is applying for. For my mechanical PE exam, I provided 4 references of mechanical PE's who has worked with me in the past. 

So if I want to take power exam, should I use the new references with PE in electrical or my previous references for mechanical should suffice?
I think you have to submit all new references because different disciplines need different experiences. Certainly, it is a pain in ass. After you got your PE license, people would be more willing to endorse you. 

yeah, i totally misunderstood you.

i live in florida. i dont think it mattered which pe gave you a reference letter. 

as for taking another test after getting licensed, it does not matter to the board. they just want a $125 payment for letting you take another trst and adding an extra designation beside your license.

you technically dont need to take any more tests to practice any engineering.... as long as youre qualified. you dont need that test to prove youre qualified.

i took the test for another reason. nothing the engineering board cares about

Back