Power Depth Module

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuku

Spark with Potential
Reaction score
Where can I find more practice problems for the power depth module? It feels like I've barely studied any of that section. All I have is the brief section of the ncees and kaplan's EE 360 book that has a few problems in it.

Where can I find more practice problems for the power depth module? It feels like I've barely studied any of that section. All I have is the brief section of the ncees and kaplan's EE 360 book that has a few problems in it.
There are practice problems from "the other board". Do you have the EERM?

There are practice problems from "the other board".
I must be dense or something, but what are you referring to? I'm worried that my two problem books don't cover enough of the Power spectrum and need to supplement them with something. Any ideas?

I'm currently working through Schaum's Outlines "Basic Circuit Analysis" by John O'Malley. It has a section on three phase power with lots of questions about power factor correction, finding the various voltages and currents for WYE and DELTA connected loads, etc. I bet these topics will be on the afternoon portion.

I don't particularly like the EERM for the afternoon topics. Way too brief on the discussions for me.

I don't particularly like the EERM for the afternoon topics. Way too brief on the discussions for me.
I agree with this statement. The EERM worked fine for me in the morning. I needed my depth specific references for the afternoon.

I must be dense or something, but what are you referring to? I'm worried that my two problem books don't cover enough of the Power spectrum and need to supplement them with something. Any ideas?
I am referring to the Camara books, and six minute book. THey are from the same company as the EERM, you know, Lindeburg's place. I can't type the name because software on this website always changes it to "the other board"

And you are right, you probably do need more problem books, but they don't really exist.

I'm currently working through Schaum's Outlines "Basic Circuit Analysis" by John O'Malley. It has a section on three phase power with lots of questions about power factor correction, finding the various voltages and currents for WYE and DELTA connected loads, etc. I bet these topics will be on the afternoon portion.

I would also suggest Schaums "Electric Machines and Electromechanics" and "Electric Power Systems", these are softcover, inexpensive very good. Also Power Systems Analysis by John Grainger, and Electric Machinery Fundamentals Stephen Chapman, those are both excellent and have great solved Example problems.

Back