potable water ref

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chiko

Reaction score
Do I need a separate reference for Water?

I have studied few chapters in "Introduction to Environmental Engineering" in Davis and Cornwell. Is that enough?

One thing I don't remember seeing in the EERM: you should be able to see a list of sampling results and be able to identify the water source - like knowing that moderate to high levels of fecal coliforms and turbidity indicate surface water while groundwater has moderate to high levels of dissolved solids. Sort of like being given the chart in question 119 on the 2011 NCEES practice exam, but asking you to analyze the water source. I used the NC State review DVDs for this, and it was also covered in one of my college textbooks, Unit Operations and Processes in Environmental Engineering.

I don't think the EERM would be sufficient for sizing reservoirs, calculating hardness, or even sizing water treatment systems. I really relied on the review course for my water references.

Any book suggestions to cover

1 remediation basic concepts

2 site assessment

3 remediation

Hazardous Waste Management by Lagrega and the Salvato environmental engineering text. If you haven't read the consolidated advice thread, you should. We've listed our useful references out there.

Back