Post SE Exam results here...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wood and/or masonry structure: Unacceptable

Concrete structure: Unacceptable

General analysis: Improvement required

Steel structure: Improvement required

Now I know this is going to sound like a typical excuse, but I knew how to do almost every part of every problem in the afternoon session. I wrote 22 pages of calculations with detailed descriptions for every part and neat sketches. I finished with time to spare to check my answers. It is very hard for me to believe that I got unacceptable on more than one problem (if one at all). I am guessing that something got messed up with the exam scores and my score was switched with someone else's. Because of the 3 week delay that was due to a "medical leave of absence", it seems that a mix up could be possible. I have contacted NCEES and Continental Testing to see what can be done with this, but I am guessing they will do nothing because of the covert nature of their dealings.

I just find it very frustrating that there is no method of accountability for this exam. There is no way to verify that I received the score for my work and not someone else's. Looks like I will have to go through the torture and expense of re-taking it and hope that a similar mix-up doesn't happen again.

I feel the same way. However you didn't mention the tremendous cost, delay in your career, and additional time out of your life due to studying and worrying...I agree there should be some sort of accountability. I would prefer for NCEES to post answers so that a test taker would LEARN how to improve, but they won't have any part of that.

ADB did you get your results from Continental Testing? If so, did you get a breakdown on both the afternoon and morning?

I can understand the frustration rexman & ADB, I've been there myself.

All I can say is to not make excuses, just keep going. When you have this exam all passed, everything will seem sweeter.

I have not gotten my test results back yet. Something is messed up with my account at CTS and they won't let me check my results online. They of course apologize for this. I will be sure to post when I get them.

Wood and/or masonry structure: Unacceptable Concrete structure: Unacceptable General analysis: Improvement required Steel structure: Improvement required Now I know this is going to sound like a typical excuse, but I knew how to do almost every part of every problem in the afternoon session. I wrote 22 pages of calculations with detailed descriptions for every part and neat sketches. I finished with time to spare to check my answers. It is very hard for me to believe that I got unacceptable on more than one problem (if one at all). I am guessing that something got messed up with the exam scores and my score was switched with someone else's. Because of the 3 week delay that was due to a "medical leave of absence", it seems that a mix up could be possible. I have contacted NCEES and Continental Testing to see what can be done with this, but I am guessing they will do nothing because of the covert nature of their dealings. I just find it very frustrating that there is no method of accountability for this exam. There is no way to verify that I received the score for my work and not someone else's. Looks like I will have to go through the torture and expense of re-taking it and hope that a similar mix-up doesn't happen again.

If you are concerned, as it would seem, you can pay a $75 fee to have your score verified. I am in the same boat. I've not received my breakdown as of yet, but I have a very difficult time believing I performed poorly on the afternoon portion of the Vertical exam. The problems were nearly identical to the review manual in some cases. I'm waiting to see my breakdown prior to asking for verification. The caveat however is that they've never reversed from fail to pass. Piece of mind alone may dictate however...

Wood and/or masonry structure: Unacceptable Concrete structure: Unacceptable General analysis: Improvement required Steel structure: Improvement required Now I know this is going to sound like a typical excuse, but I knew how to do almost every part of every problem in the afternoon session. I wrote 22 pages of calculations with detailed descriptions for every part and neat sketches. I finished with time to spare to check my answers. It is very hard for me to believe that I got unacceptable on more than one problem (if one at all). I am guessing that something got messed up with the exam scores and my score was switched with someone else's. Because of the 3 week delay that was due to a "medical leave of absence", it seems that a mix up could be possible. I have contacted NCEES and Continental Testing to see what can be done with this, but I am guessing they will do nothing because of the covert nature of their dealings. I just find it very frustrating that there is no method of accountability for this exam. There is no way to verify that I received the score for my work and not someone else's. Looks like I will have to go through the torture and expense of re-taking it and hope that a similar mix-up doesn't happen again.

If you are concerned, as it would seem, you can pay a $75 fee to have your score verified. I am in the same boat. I've not received my breakdown as of yet, but I have a very difficult time believing I performed poorly on the afternoon portion of the Vertical exam. The problems were nearly identical to the review manual in some cases. I'm waiting to see my breakdown prior to asking for verification. The caveat however is that they've never reversed from fail to pass. Piece of mind alone may dictate however...

PS I have a difficult time understanding how I did not pass the Vertical portion of the exam...

Finally got my results:

Passed Vertical

Failed Lateral 20/40 AM - 1 acceptable, 2 unacceptable PM

Bridges/IL

For those that have passed, what if any review course did you take? I'm getting ready to take it for the first time, and want to make sure I do not take one that's a waste of money and time.

Kaplan is pretty good, but there are other forums that can direct you. I'm currently taking Kaplan and it's mixed. Seismic and lateral is good. Wind, vertical concrete, vertical steel, and foundations are average at best. Bridge and masonry review is excellent.

If I were you, I'd do a search within this forum on "review course" and you should be able to be pretty informed.

Back