Post SE Exam results here...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbut_21

Reaction score
Since the SE results were sent to the state boards on December 16th, figure I'd start an official thread if one has not been created yet. I'm sure results should be coming in by now. If you did not pass, then if you would be so kind to post your diagnostic. If you did pass then you deserve a well done pat on the back.

received my results today via USPS...its waiting on me when I get home, but I know my wife cannot keep a secret...

What state are you located in? I'm excited to hear that even the snail mail results are starting to arrive.

This morning I emailed Continental Testing Services (CTS) about Illinois SE exam results and they responded saying the results were not in yet....

Results were viewable today online for Indiana. After failing both building modules last go, I opted to only take vertical this time. My results were acceptable. Results came fast and now I have ~3.5 months to study for lateral. Good luck to the rest of you.

Failed Vertical and Lateral

Vertical 26/40 2 Acceptable, 1 Improvement Required and 1 Unacceptable:

Lateral 22/40 1 Acceptable, 1 Improvement Required and 2 Unacceptable:

Almost tempted to pay for a regrade for the Vertical Afternoon Portion if possible.

Going to go one at a time next year..

Building Vertical - Passed

Building Lateral - Failed AM 25/40, PM 2 unacceptable, 1 acceptable, 1 needs improvement

And I am a "repeat" taker.

Felt good about both AM and PM sessions, with the exception of overabundance of bridge questions in the morning session. One lesson learned is that I have to spend much more time doing essay like problems.

I did not feel confident in the bridge questions in the vertical or the lateral portion. I felt I did a lot better in the 1 vertical essay question which I had unacceptable...

congrats to those that got a green light!,

waiting for Lateral result here in VA.

Can you please also indicated the state where you took the test

Fail - Vertical (32/40 and 1 acceptable, 1 needs improvement & 2 unacceptable).......... Now I know, I need to practice more essay type problems.

FL state - The results were there when I checked my NCEES account on Saturday (Dec 17) at 9 PM.

Apparently NCEES has not even released the 16 hour results to NY state!

me: Have the 16 hour structural results been released to NY state?

Just a moment...

Support Agent: no they have not

me: Do you know when they will be released?

Support Agent: no we do not have a set time frame

me: I noticed that NY released the results for all other tests today, do you have any idea how much longer I have to wait for my results?

Support Agent: Sorry but we do not

Building Vertical - Passed

Building Lateral - Failed AM 25/40, PM 2 unacceptable, 1 acceptable, 1 needs improvement

And I am a "repeat" taker.

Felt good about both AM and PM sessions, with the exception of overabundance of bridge questions in the morning session. One lesson learned is that I have to spend much more time doing essay like problems.
I took the exam in WA.

bombo or anyone else: did you ever attempt the SE 2 or SE 3? If so, how does it compare?

Thanks.

Colorado

Took both exams in April. Passed the Vertical failed the Lateral. Reapplied for the Lateral this past October and passed! Funny thing was, I walked out of there feeling the exam was too easy (and found a few things on the essay portion of the exam that I thought were misleading and/or incomplete - which I commented on my exam booklet about) so I really thought I missed something crucial....go figure.

Congrats to those who passed! Keep up the hard work for those who missed it this time, it will be worth it in the long run - once this damn economy decides to turn around!

colostructural: congratulations! I was suprised you hadn't passed both the first time. I recall you studying pretty hard the first time too.

while I'm thinking of it, do you think we'll see any precast high seismic moment frames on the test? I'm fully expecting tilt-up to be on there.

Back