Post Failing PE Cut Scores for April 2013 Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soon you'll get a text from your buddy or an email from NCEES saying the results are out. I'm usually driving in my car trying not to get in an accident scrambling to the NCEES website on my phone. Last time I was 50 up in an aerial lift trying not to jump off. I'm getting used to it now.

51/80 Civil/Construction

51/80 and still fail in construction is brutal. I scored 48/80 and failed in Civil/Construction, but I received my grade from TX which was 64%. 70% is considered passing for them, based on that you have scored 68% and missed by 1 question.

40/80 and the %age per NCEES was 56. So I guess I did pretty bad which isn't what I felt when I left the examination hall. What the hell was I thinking !!!

You guys have no idea why I am taking this PE, just for personal gain. An for your info I already have my PE Civil Engineering License from the State of California. I got a 38 with 0 hours of study. Why 0 hours, more important things to deal with in my life and decided to sit in instead of cancelling. Failed Miserably? I can guarantee you this will not happen this time around, I actually found time to study this time around and had time left over to have a life. You guys need to find yourselves and get a life.
I'm in a similar boat, pursuing multiple licenses for personal gain (not the failing part). Looks like you too need to "get a life." At least that is what all my friends and coworkers try to tell me...

On a serious note: Why take the HVAC depth? Thermofluids has way more overlap with Civil (Water Resources). In fact both reference manuals from Lindberg are almost identical in these subjects...
Hmmm... good to know. If I attempt a civil exam, maybe it needs to be water resources.

40/80 and the %age per NCEES was 56. So I guess I did pretty bad which isn't what I felt when I left the examination hall. What the hell was I thinking !!!
This exam has a way of blindsiding you. The way they have choices that are the result of the most common errors is sneaky. I bet coming out feeling confident but failing is not unusual.

that's a good idea. maybe some day I will try to get different PEs in different areas. After out of school, there hasn't been anything that can push me to study.

How can you fail with 70%? That's brutal. What depth section did you take?

Back