PMP Exam Prep

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The exam has changed a few times since I took it, but Rita's book is unmatched. I used quite a few different books.....Rita's sample tests most closely resembled exam questions. 

The exam has changed a few times since I took it, but Rita's book is unmatched. I used quite a few different books.....Rita's sample tests most closely resembled exam questions. 
Agreed. Don't waste time or money on a class or cheesy accessories like cheat sheets, flashcards, etc. This is especially true if you're financing this credential yourself. Plus if these are good study aids for you, you'll get more out of it if you make them yourself.

Anyone know if the 6th Ed. is significantly different from the 5th?  I have the older version and am wondering if I need to ditch it all in favor of new materials if I decide to take the exam.

not much different but few processes have changed. I studied using the 5th edition but skimmed through pmbok 6th edition to look at the differences.

Is there anyone recently took the PMP exam? I am looking for a PMP prep course. I want to take the exam the end of February. Could you advice me which course is good for the six edition handbook? 

Is there anyone recently took the PMP exam? I am looking for a PMP prep course. I want to take the exam the end of February. Could you advice me which course is good for the six edition handbook? 
If you're going to take a class (which I don't think is really necessary, but it depends on your learning style), I recommend Andy Crowe's boxed-set "Velociteach: All-in-One PMP Exam Prep Kit" over an in-person (or on-demand course). Also, pick up Rita's book for additional practice. These two resources should get you through the exam.

Also, I used this course for my 35 hours of "PM training," I thought it was a good deal and easy to work through: https://www.project-management-prepcast.com/

@civilenvi I took the Project Management Academy (in person) course. I purchased the PMBOK prior to taking the course and read it. It took me about 4 weeks after committing to reading a set number of pages a day, and that was really helpful. I didn't feel like I was starting from zero when I was in the course. The course brought clarity to how to answer the questions. Just remember that you are studying to pass the exam. Erase everything you know about project management from your mind before committing to your preparation. 

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I took it in October 2019. I took  online course with Joseph  that costed me $10 (https://www.udemy.com/course/pmp-pmbok6-35-pdus/).  Prepcast is the best tool to pass the exam. I would recommend you to join Philips"s group on Facebook, you will  find more valuable advices and tricks how to pass your exam. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cleared PMP exam yesterday. Read Rita's book for preparation (twice). Ricardo Vargas has an amazing video on YouTube putting everything together. udemy has a nice review course too (Joseph Phillips) that can help if you're in a time crunch.

Good luck!

I passed the PMP exam yesterday. It was not easy. The exam date has been rescheduled three times because of the personal family event, busy work, and the Corona situations.

I appreciate very much squaretaper LIT AF PE, civil robot, HBO PE, and ruggercsc for all your valuable advice! They were much helpful for me to prepare for the exam. 

My current job does not require the certificate so I needed to spend a minimum cost. I took the 35hours PDU by $10 Udemy course and read Pambok6 three times. I memorized 49 processes and tried to memorize not all but some of important ITTO for each process. While I took the exam, I read the questions very carefully for concentrating that the question situations are in which processes, then what are the required inputs or tools and techniques or outputs. This was working for me. 

I passed the PMP exam yesterday. It was not easy. The exam date has been rescheduled three times because of the personal family event, busy work, and the Corona situations.

I appreciate very much squaretaper LIT AF PE, civil robot, HBO PE, and ruggercsc for all your valuable advice! They were much helpful for me to prepare for the exam. 

My current job does not require the certificate so I needed to spend a minimum cost. I took the 35hours PDU by $10 Udemy course and read Pambok6 three times. I memorized 49 processes and tried to memorize not all but some of important ITTO for each process. While I took the exam, I read the questions very carefully for concentrating that the question situations are in which processes, then what are the required inputs or tools and techniques or outputs. This was working for me. 
Congrats on passing. How did you score in each of the domains (below proficient, moderately proficient, or proficient)?

Back