PM CIVIL PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Denteh

Reaction score
Any help. I have still not been able to pick a specialized area for the PM Civil PE (April 2018). Performance level seems the same for all the specialized areas, except construction, which I am not too familiar with the topics indicated on the syllabus.

I also have interested in almost all the remaining; Geotechnical, structural, transportation, and water/environmental and believe my performance level will not differ much  from one another if I should choose any of the remaining 4 for the PM section

Any thoughts welcome

Michael 

Thanks

Environmental will be an all day enviro exam, Geotech is tough.  You know you, we don't.  Based on my education, I could have done Civil-Structural or Mechanical Machine design, but I don't DO Mechanical work, so it did not make sense to me.  I may have an interest in transportation, but is it a good subject for me to test on?  Probably not. 

I don't know how to answer your question other than to say, based on your education and experience, what do you feel the most comfortable with.

Agree with @vhab49_PE here. 

The pass rates for the exam are mostly relevant to people taking the discipline that is specific to their knowledge and work experience. 

What is your job description? What type of company do you work for? What is your education background?

Civil Engineering BS and MS in Indoor Environmental Engineering and another undergraduate in Mining Engineering. Currently not working and want to use this time to prepare and write the PE exam

Thanks

Back