Petition Letter Against 16 Hour Structural Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THUDore

Reaction score
I'm thinking to draft a petition letter to NCEES against 16 hour structural exam.

Please give me your input to this letter.

Right now the following reasons I can think of are:

1) I don't want my SE1 I just passed be useless in the future when that damn 16 hr monster kicks in;

2) It's not fair to make structural engineering exam much harder than others;

3) it's bad for the profession - it would drive people away from the profession

Please add your.

I actually think the new format is a good idea, all multiple choice and the split between buildings and bridges. To me this appears to be a better indication of your abilities. Have you considered taking the SE2 exam before the new format, then you have no reason to worry about the new exam?

THUDore,

Sorry to say this, but I don't think that you'll get too far with your petition. The wheels have been in motion for quite some time for this.

:2cents:

I actually think the new format is a good idea, all multiple choice and the split between buildings and bridges. To me this appears to be a better indication of your abilities. Have you considered taking the SE2 exam before the new format, then you have no reason to worry about the new exam?

Actually the morning session(breadth) is multiple choice, and the afternoon(depth) is essay, for both days.

http://www.ncees.org/exams/professional/pe...ctural_exam.php

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking to draft a petition letter to NCEES against 16 hour structural exam.
Please give me your input to this letter.

Right now the following reasons I can think of are:

1) I don't want my SE1 I just passed be useless in the future when that damn 16 hr monster kicks in;

2) It's not fair to make structural engineering exam much harder than others;

3) it's bad for the profession - it would drive people away from the profession

Please add your.
What will happen to people who have passed Se1 and SE11... Will they be grandfathered in? I guess it will depend on each state....

Back