PE Power Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gnana

Reaction score
For those who already passed the PE power exam, can you recommend any books, articles, sample questions or anything that one can use to help tackle the power flow problems for the exam.

It has been very difficult to find any sample problems in this area and the textbooks are more detailed and complex in problem solving.

Thanks

For those who already passed the PE power exam, can you recommend any books, articles, sample questions or anything that one can use to help tackle the power flow problems for the exam.It has been very difficult to find any sample problems in this area and the textbooks are more detailed and complex in problem solving.

Thanks

I think that Power System Analysis and Design by Glover & Sarma is a good choice

http://www.amazon.com/Power-System-Analysi...8481&sr=1-1

However, any power flow book would be a good source...The exam's problems are not very complicated

I have the power system analysis book by Grainger. It does have a chapter on Power flow.

From what i remember on the past exam, the questions are more of analyzing a power flow diagram and not so much asking you to solve for a variable. I did study the power flow chapter in the grainger text but it did not aid me in answering most of the questions in the exam. I did not take a course in this area while in college so i am trying to study and grasp the concept on my own.

Is this book you recommended a better book on power flow than the grainger text?

And since the exam questions are not as complicated, can you offer any guidance on how to approach the questions?

Thank You!

Back