PE nightmare...

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VTEnviro,

Your correct about the power company and I was 1 of 4 taking the electrical.

To be honest, my feelings swing both ways. Sometimes I feel confident that I did alright and other times I'm not sure at all. My wife keeps checking to make sure I'm not downstairs studying because I think I have to take it in Oct.

I did hear from one of the people taking the test that someone in the office found out that he had passed before getting the letter from the state. He had checked the professional registration database on the Vt website and saw his name listed as a licensed PE.

If the board has to review and rubberstamp the test results, by looking at the meeting schedule, the June mtg is June 1. This may be too early for the results to have been sent to the state. The next mtg is scheduled for July 13. That is 12 weeks from the test. The woman next to me said she had gotten her results on the 11th week for the Oct 2005 exam.

Barry

I think I was one of two taking the environmental. The poor guy next to me was a hydrogeologist, and envl was the closest thing he could find to get his PE in.

I go from thinking I did pretty well, to second guessing myself, to really not caring one way or the other as long as I get an answer.

I called the Vermont PE Board the other day. I spoke with the secretary (I found her very helpful during the registration process.)

She was kind enough to look up in her files when she formally licensed PE's last year. She said it was around June 10.

She also said we get a letter from ELSES with our results maybe a week before they find out. :dunno:

I would imagine the Board has to formally approve licensure at one of their meetings. From what I've gathered, it's the state that has the final say, but they defer to NCEES passing scores.

I agree that June 1 sounds real early. But, if she issued licenses the second week of June, and the Board meeting is the first Thursday of every month, the timing sounds like it jibes.

The other possibility is that we get the ELSES letter in June, the Board formalizes it in July, and we get our license number, etc. at that time.

VTEnviro -

Nice job on calling the PE board secretary! :claps: That'll be okay just to find out if I passed, I can wait for the formal license number, license fee bill, etc. This waiting is really starting to get to me. It's an emotional roller coaster.

But when I pass ...

:beerchug

or fail .... :beerchug and/or :suicide:

When calling the Board, I figured, what the hell. The worst they can say is they can't help me or provide that info.

The waiting sucks. It's sorta like the build-up, except without the books. At least when you were studying, if you felt fidgety, you could study more.

This is worse in some ways, because you can't do anything other than wait. Like when you were waiting for everyone to file in and the proctor to start reading instructions!

Hell, when we both pass, I'll buy you a :beerchug

Back