Pe Mechanical - what online course ?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amanda5

Reaction score
Please recommend me a online course for PE mechanical and why you think it is best.

I used school of PE earlier this year and would have to say that the course was a major contribution to me passing the April exam. I live in Japan, so I couldn't do the live course. The On Demand coursework works well, if not better than the live classes. For the live classes, you have to make sure you're there and sign in for when the bell rings during class. As for the on demand coursework, you do that at your own pace and on your own time. Here's why I think it's best (but I don't have any other classes to compare it to)

1. Course material was very helpful and you can bind it and take it in the exam (used that the most after my MERM)

2. Teachers are very knowledgeable and responsive if you have questions.

3. Quick calculator course was a blessing...I would have absolutely failed if I didn't buy the Casio fx-115ES and used my TI instead. We all know how to use a calculator, but their course teaches you the shortcuts which saves time.

4. If you take HVAC, they provide an extra HVAC course that's about 3 hours long that addresses all the new topics added to the exam.

5. They really hit the topics that you'll most likely see on the exam and skip the ones you won't

Con: It's expensive and only 5-6 weeks long right before the exam so study a little before the class starts.

Hope this helps

Back