PE Mechanical October, 2010

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I took the ME Thermal/Fluids exam.
I agree that the morning was straight forward. I had time to go back and double check most all answers. With that said...with the time crunch, a few educated guesses, etc... I'd be surprised if I didn't make several silly mistakes, when in reality I don't think I should have missed more than 5 at the most.

The T/F depth threw me off a bit. I felt that for nearly all the afternoon I was looking for the right and they kept throwing the left. It was frustrating. I probably random guessed at 6, at least. And educated guessed at a minimum of 10. With that said…I have minimal confidence in my afternoon performance. Test outcome…TBD.

Gut feeling…just short.
I bet you did ok on the exam. I have the similar feeling, they asked too many problems that asked differently than the practice problems or something new. After I recheck that I find out more than 10 questions that I made stupid mistakes. Think is the key word this time and engineering life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally pass the Mechanical- T&F PE. This is my thrid time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party-smiley-048: :bananalama: :multiplespotting:

I finally pass the Mechanical- T&F PE. This is my thrid time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party-smiley-048: :bananalama: :multiplespotting:
Congrats, third time's a charm!
Thank you! I start study the PE since April, 2009 until now and Study FE from Dec, 2007 to Jan, 2009) bacially I study from Dec, 2007 until now. 4 years, man 4 years........

I am so happy right now!!!!!!

I took ME Thermal and Fluids. It is my first trial. I did fine in AM session. I am expecting around 35/40. PM session was brutal. I couldn't get close answer to many of the problems. I will probably get between 15-25/40.
I have heard that cut score is 56 and sometimes they go as low as 53. I am right around the border, I am quite nervous.
Don't worry about your PM score because your AM score will pull you up to pass.

I passed. I was quite surprised. I got total of 76 but didn't receive the breakdown. You're probably right. My AM score would have pulled PM score.

Back