PE Mechanical Machine Design quick reference sheet

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buick455

Reaction score
I debated prior to the last exam on preparing a list of commonly used equations and material properties to reduce time in looking them up. I planed on listing the equation and the chapter in MERM where it was located. The reason I did not do this was prep time limitations and I thought that tabbing the MERM would be enough. During the exam I got frustrated as I still could not find what I was looking for as quick as I wanted to. You would think Lindeburg would have one in the MERM. As good as the MERM is it still falls Very Short in many areas and this is one of them. I would greatly appreciate an an electronic copy of a spread sheet that somone used that felt realy helped on the exam. In return, I am attaching a spread sheet I made up for the exam that lists the references I used in solving the latest NCEES and six minute solutions problems. I hope it helps someone.

I debated prior to the last exam on preparing a list of commonly used equations and material properties to reduce time in looking them up. I planed on listing the equation and the chapter in MERM where it was located. The reason I did not do this was prep time limitations and I thought that tabbing the MERM would be enough. During the exam I got frustrated as I still could not find what I was looking for as quick as I wanted to. You would think Lindeburg would have one in the MERM. As good as the MERM is it still falls Very Short in many areas and this is one of them. I would greatly appreciate an an electronic copy of a spread sheet that somone used that felt realy helped on the exam. In return, I am attaching a spread sheet I made up for the exam that lists the references I used in solving the latest NCEES and six minute solutions problems. I hope it helps someone.
Lindeburg does make a book of common equations for the PE exam based on the MERM. I have it and used it, plus added a lot to it. It is not optimal, and in the end, I'm not sure if it was worth it or not (over just tapping the MERM), hard to say.

However, it was very worth while (for me) to make a single sheet of common equations and properties, which I did use and was glad to have. I made it up only the night before the exam, not even close to optimal, but still worth while. When your brain gets tired and unsure during a long and fast paced exam, it's nice to glance over and check the correct conversion, constant or common equation. I used the NCEES exams as a guide to some of the common equations you might need. I would post it but it was barely readable, and was not close to optimal.

Back