PE # in Pa.

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I passed the April 2007 exam, I did not recieve my license # until 09/26/07...

So just sit back you have some more waiting to do...

I check every day. I know it's going to take the full 90 days, but I torture myself anyway.

Here is the response that I got from the board this week.

Congratulations on passing the exam!!! If you live in western PA, perhaps you could join us for a celebration. (Details http://www.pittsburghpe.org/Celebrate.html)

As for your certificate, I found the following on the state registration board web site http://www.dos.state.pa.us/bpoa/lib/bpoa/2...ineer_board.pdf

10. EXAMINATION RESULTS – Engineering and Land Surveying

Engineering examination results are mailed to candidates by Engineering Examination Services out of Nashville, TN within 10 days of receipt of the results from the National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying (NCEES), the owner and scorer of the engineering and land surveying examinations.

The same examination contractor mails Land Surveying examination results to candidates within a week of receipt of the results from NCEES and PSLS – the owner and scorer of the State Principles and Practice examination.

NOTE: You are NOT permitted to practice as a professional engineer or professional land surveyor until you have received your license from the Board. Allow approximately 90 days from receipt of your result letter for processing of a license.

Again, congratulations. I hope to see you in Pittsburgh.

Regards,

Jen

My boss also asked and he was told that they haven't even started to process the numbers yet. So it looks like we have another two months to wait. :eek:ldman: :smileyballs:

The reason I asked is if something could go wrong with me getting my # now it will.

I was supposed to take the exam last April. Never heard anything. Around August I contacted the board and they didn't have my application. Luckily I still had the e-mail from the testing agency who puts together the application and makes sure everything is there and forwards it to the board. I e-mailed the agency and they called the board. Miraculously, my application was found and I got the letter approving me to sit for the fall exam a week after the deadline to schedule the exam. I called the testing agency and they squeezed me in. So you can understand why I am a little edgy. :15:

^^^ Hopefully this will be the case this year also cause that is only another week or so of waiting... however with my luck this will be the year everyone in PA passed and so the process is going to take much longer. <_<

I talked with a friend who passed in October and he said that it was darn near the full 90 days before he heard anything.

The reason I asked is if something could go wrong with me getting my # now it will.
I was supposed to take the exam last April. Never heard anything. Around August I contacted the board and they didn't have my application. Luckily I still had the e-mail from the testing agency who puts together the application and makes sure everything is there and forwards it to the board. I e-mailed the agency and they called the board. Miraculously, my application was found and I got the letter approving me to sit for the fall exam a week after the deadline to schedule the exam. I called the testing agency and they squeezed me in. So you can understand why I am a little edgy. :15:
I had a slightly similar circumstance happen to me. I received notification by email that I could register for the exam. Except the email was sent:

- at 2:00 on a Friday afternoon two days before registration ended

- from a person whose name I did not recognize

- with a subject line that said only "Approval Letter"

- with no text in the body of the email

- with an attachment

While amazingly this email did not drop into my Junk Email, I initially disregarded this as spam, until I noticed the attachment was named "PE EXAM - APPROVAL LETTER - APRIL 2006." Mind you, I got this on August 29 of 2007, and I was sitting for the October 2007 exam and suprisingly was NOT planning on traveling back in time to take the April 2006 exam. But it was sent to me at 2 in the afternoon, just two days before registration closed. It's a good thing I didn't take a half day that day, or else I would have missed the registration cutoff.

Oh they forwarded me a hard copy of the same letter. Except the letter was postmarked September 4. Registration had ended on September 1. I wrote about the whole incident on my comment card during the exam.

This is a link to the Pennsylvania Department of State Bureau of Professional and Occupational Affairs. This site allows you to verify professional licenses issued by the state of PA.

I passed the October exam, and according to this site my license was issued 2/8/08.

http://www.licensepa.state.pa.us/default.asp

Hope this puts your mind at ease.

Can't believe the one day since I got the notice that I passed I didn't check was the day they put it up. That sure is an awesome sight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I applied for reciprocity in mid-January after passing the October '07 exam in Ohio. I just saw on the website that they granted me the license.

Holy crap. It's over. It's all really over. I am finally officially a real live licensed engineer in the state where I actually live.

Drinks are on me!

:beerchug:

Got my Certificates last night. Boy were they nice to see.

My wife asked if I was going to sleep with them last night and I said that I was thinking about it but they'd get wrinkled. :party-smiley-048:

Back