PE Exam - Water Resources end Environmental

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NJmike PE

Game Czar
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good study/review book for the Water Resources and Environmental Depth portion of the exam? I work for a small consulting engineering firm and we specialize in drainage design. I have absolutely no problem with Hydraulics and Hydrology, but it is more of the environmental topics that I have struggled with. I have taken and failed the exam twice now, with both times my scores in WWT, WQ and WT being poor to say the least.

Ever consider Transpo? It has all the WR stuff you know, and not a lot of the Enviro stuff you don't.

I'm in the same boat as you .... I can design basins all day, but it's the "other" stuff I'm afraid of. The transpo topics just seem a little more reasonable to grasp, and research during the exam.

thanks. I plan to stay the course for now, but if I see no change, I may consider it.

My coworker took the WR exam and passed on his second try. He used the two books below to answer the environmental-- WWT, WQ and WT problems, which he swears is what pushed him over the edge. I couldn't imagine answering those waste Water problems, but good luck. I tried the first timw to pass WR and failed. Next tried Transpo and passed after a 2nd attempt (3

Water and Waste Water Calculations Manual by Shun Dar Lin

Foundation of Environmental Engineering by Cooper, Dietz and Reinhart.

Back