PE Exam Reference - Sticky notes and printed notes

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BebeshKing PE

THIS IS THE WAY
Reaction score
Hello,

I just want to know if putting a sticky notes with written notes and stick it to the reference material is allowed in the PE exam?

And also, if I glued a written notes and stick it into my spiral notebook, is that acceptable to bring in the PE exam?

I have some sample pictures below:

Capture.JPG

fhhf.JPG

The glued notes are definitely ok.

For the post-its, you run the risk of them coming off during the test and the proctors may kick you out for it - some states are way stricter than others. 

Also, you need to get a new NEC Handbook. I see you're using 2014. The test on on 2017 NEC and there were a lot of changes between the two versions. That's definitely most important here right now. 

Here’s the issue though.

I just contacted the NCEES earlier in regards to gluing the printed material and sticky note. They said, “The taped notes and post-it notes (with written notes) are not acceptable. As previously advised, those materials are not permanently bound by stitching, glue, or fasteners that penetrate the materials.The glue refers to the binding for a book, not gluing materials in a book or notebook”. 

Here’s the issue though.

I just contacted the NCEES earlier in regards to gluing the printed material and sticky note. They said, “The taped notes and post-it notes (with written notes) are not acceptable. As previously advised, those materials are not permanently bound by stitching, glue, or fasteners that penetrate the materials.The glue refers to the binding for a book, not gluing materials in a book or notebook”. 
Easiest solution is to just put the sticky notes arranged on a sheet of paper and then photocopy the sheet so there are no post its at the test.

Back