PE exam @ PUerto Rico

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pelambre

pelambre
Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone has any idea about when will be released the results for people who took the PE @ Puerto Rico?

Most of the states already got their results but no one has any idea about PR.

Hi,
Anyone has any idea about when will be released the results for people who took the PE @ Puerto Rico?

Most of the states already got their results but no one has any idea about PR.
Do not hold your breath waiting for it. It is most likely that results will come next year. EES' states are notorious for being the last ones getting resuts. As a matter of fact, EES stands for Extra Extra Slow.

You might think that with ELSES going up a notch on their systems and emailing results EES should do the same but that is not the case. EES is light years behind ELSES(NCEES' company...by the way) and do not think that is going to change. It is beyond my understanding why the heck the Puerto Rican Dept. of State still uses those dinosaurs.

Bottom line...forget about the results for the time being and enjoy the Holydays. Like El Gram Combo de Puerto Rico says..." Vamos pa' qui...vamos pa'lla. A comer pasteles...a comer lechon...que venga morcilla y venga de to'" Have a "coquito" for me IG. Feliz Navidad hermano.

Do not hold your breath waiting for it. It is most likely that results will come next year. EES' states are notorious for being the last ones getting resuts. As a matter of fact, EES stands for Extra Extra Slow.
You might think that with ELSES going up a notch on their systems and emailing results EES should do the same but that is not the case. EES is light years behind ELSES(NCEES' company...by the way) and do not think that is going to change. It is beyond my understanding why the heck the Puerto Rican Dept. of State still uses those dinosaurs.

Bottom line...forget about the results for the time being and enjoy the Holydays. Like El Gram Combo de Puerto Rico says..." Vamos pa' qui...vamos pa'lla. A comer pasteles...a comer lechon...que venga morcilla y venga de to'" Have a "coquito" for me IG. Feliz Navidad hermano.
Thanks a lot, too bad that PR belongs to EES instead of ELSES, all my buddies got their results but me.

Anyway.. like you said, it will be a next year thing, hopefully sometime in January.

Thanks for the tip buddy, take care, and feliz navidad a ti tambien.

Thanks a lot, too bad that PR belongs to EES instead of ELSES, all my buddies got their results but me.
Anyway.. like you said, it will be a next year thing, hopefully sometime in January.

Thanks for the tip buddy, take care, and feliz navidad a ti tambien.
Where are you my friend?

Man that's sad. Georgia is in a race with PR to get the results out.
Unless things changed from the last time to this one, Georgia will get the results just before PR. Puerto Rican can expect thieir results after between Jan 3rd to Jan 5th....I hope it is sooner than that.

Where are you my friend?
At the moment i'm in Miami, but things were easier for me to take the exam @ Pr (due to the paperwork).

Do you know what is the process after passing the PE exam?, how to get the license number or the stamp @ PR?

I'm not sure about how it works, please let me know,

Thanks

At the moment i'm in Miami, but things were easier for me to take the exam @ Pr (due to the paperwork).
Do you know what is the process after passing the PE exam?, how to get the license number or the stamp @ PR?

I'm not sure about how it works, please let me know,

Thanks
You have to submit police record, test result, ASUME certification( that you do not owe child support), and maybe a couple documents more.

The stamp? I have no clue. I never ordered a stamp in PR since I do not live there and do not have plans to go back anytime soon. I took the test in PR for the same reasons you probably did:My EIT certificate was from the PR Board. Did not want to submit all the paper work to the Florida Board to ask authorization to take the test here but eventually had to anyways to obtain my FL license.

The license number will take some more time, about 6~8 weeks.

Good Luck hermano

You have to submit police record, test result, ASUME certification( that you do not owe child support), and maybe a couple documents more.
The stamp? I have no clue. I never ordered a stamp in PR since I do not live there and do not have plans to go back anytime soon. I took the test in PR for the same reasons you probably did:My EIT certificate was from the PR Board. Did not want to submit all the paper work to the Florida Board to ask authorization to take the test here but eventually had to anyways to obtain my FL license.

The license number will take some more time, about 6~8 weeks.

Good Luck hermano
I took the PE @ PR for the same reasons. I'm FL i was asked to take some courses bcause my BS degree was not at the same level as the one as a standard US Univ.

I think I need to submit my EIT scores to some organization (CIAPR) in PR and when I get whatever authorization it is when the years of experience start counting, I don;t know i you have heard about that. It is too bad for me because i already have 2 years of experience in USA , and by the time i get my authorization from CIAPR i will start from the beginning, my past experience does not count.

I took the PE @ PR for the same reasons. I'm FL i was asked to take some courses bcause my BS degree was not at the same level as the one as a standard US Univ.
What???? Where did you go to college? UPR or PUPR. My degree is from PUPR. I was warned from the CIAPR that my PUPR degree was not good enough and I had to take extra classes. He forgot to mention that he and his buddies from CIAPR are a bunch of old farts from UPR that think that us, graduates from PUPR are worthless. :true:

I just called my former dean at PUPR, he provided me a copy of the ABET certification for the PUPR and I included that in my application in Florida. I had no problem and no controversy. I thought about calling back the CIAPR to let them know how upset I was about them giving biased advice based on personal opinion and superiority complex. Also thought about sending them a copy of the ABET certification with a "Stick it on your candy ass" note but then my concious got the best of me and did not do it.

Be vigilant and do not believe all that the CIAPR tell you. :smileyballs: As I said they are bunch of predjudiced old farts who think they are better than everybody else. To make things worse they only care about us paying the fee every year and nothing else. What do they do with that money? They have the best bar on the Island. Nothing else.

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back