PE exam ending on time?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just what I needed to help unwind before the test! You guys are HILARIOUS!!!

Damn... That's so much more hardcore than when I took the test....

I only got myself to a bar...

But it would've totally been better if you were taking seismic/surveying the next day ;)

Zephyr, did you make your flight after the exam? The afternoon portion for the room I was in (electrical chem, mechanical, traffic, fire) didn't start the afternoon exam until around 2:20pm!

They started the morning portion just after 9:00am. Of course, the admission letter says you MUST, ABSOLUTELY MUST arrive there at 7:00am when the doors open. So I did. We all stood around in line until 8am, then we shuffled our way into the exam rooms, got seated, listened to about 40 mins worth of instructions, got checked off and started the exam around 9am. That just pushed the whole day back - plus, we didn't get started on the afternoon portion until almost 2:30pm.

The morning session didn’t start until 9am. The afternoon started around 2:20pm. I did the Thermo-Fluids section. After the first hour of the test I had made it through only the first 10 questions and had answered only 6 out of them. So I said to myself: don't worry about the first flight, just work hard all the way through the test, end at 620pm, and you'll have enough time to catch the later flight.

Luckily the next 30 questions went very quickly (~1:30) and so I was able to return to the 4 Q's I missed at the start. I got two of them, and then decided to guess on the other two as I was able to make it through the morning session without any guesses so felt pretty confident overall.

I finished right at 5pm, booked it to the airport, made the flight and made it to the concert just as the black eyed peas were finishing their opening act. U2 was great, and my wife was really happy that I made it. Seeing U2 live has been one of her dreams since she was in high school.

Thanks for all the feedback, and the many laughs. Bono does hate Engineers!

Happy waiting to all!

PS. I'm not trying to insinuate that the test was easy in any way. The only reason I was able to move through it so quickly is that I prepared very extensively, and work with detailed thermo-fluids on a daily basis at my job.

Latest posts

Back