• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to EngineerBoards and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

PE Electrical Power Study Material

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
25c34f6abb88a529f97a5d79f24426052aa248a854ab36906e7f8e71ebf24f2b.jpg

hello sir,

how are you.

do you still have the material, please call me if you have urgent ..

have a great day.

thanks

raja

Taking the April 2017 Power PE Exam?

I still have a few items remaining to help you study!

TWJ.....How much $$ for access to:  "... supplemental reference handouts (will not be shipped; available via Google Drive or Dropbox)."

Typical enough, I just failed for the third time and had all those resources you listed.  I don't know what to do now. I feel thoroughly demoralized and like a complete idiot that needs to will never pass this exam. I studied harder and longer for this attempt than any other of the previous attempts and somehow did my worst work.  The diagnostics are useless to me as each test looks different.  The theoretical stuff got me this time and I knew it.

Any help or advice anyone can give on what I'm missing, please do tell, especially when it comes to formula sheets/organization.  I know that is a major part of what is screwing me over. All this stuff...I'm seriously debating whether or not to even take this examination again and just go do something else.
Don't give up you can beat this test. I found it being helpful to have all of my equations in a notebook and next to the equation i referenced their source. Then i had my awesome wife make legible tabs on my reference books. I would read a problem and be able to figure where to look for for additional information within 30 seconds of reading the question. I also found it helpful to have two calculators one in complex and one that wasn't. If i knew I was solving a complex i grabbed that calculator and didn't have to switch to complex...It didn't save much time but it helped me keep my calculation stride. Also do lots of practice problems and don't get cocky because you can fly through them quickly (I was doing a 8 hour test in less than 2 hours and missing only one or two questions. That didn't mean anything come test time). Lastly, make sure you go through all the questions when you first get your test and rank them from 1 to 3 for levels of complexity. Knock out the easier ones right away then move on to the middle and spend less time on the questions you have no idea how to solve...hopefully while going through the material for other questions you may stumble on a approach that will help you take an educated guess.

Final words of advise make sure the last 10 minutes you make sure that all of your bubbles match the correct answer. I caught a few when I did this.  

Good luck

Back