PE Civil Exam chaging in April 2013

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IndyEngineer

Reaction score
PE Civil exam is going to change from April 2013. Anyone has an idea as to what is going to change? Are they just going to add the new AASHTO book (6th eidtion) and other books or ....???

Any insight will be really appreciated.

Good morning. The information that I received is the following:

Effective Beginning the April 2013 Examinations the design standards will be changed. Green book will be 6th Edition (2011), Roadside Design Guide will be 4th Edition (2011), and Highway Capacity Manual 2010. Additionally, Hydraulic Design of Highway Culverts, Hydraulic Design Series Number 5, Publication No. FHWA-NH1-01-020, September 2011 were also included. The other references were the same.

see link below:

http://www.ncbels.org/forms/ExamChanges/1304%20Transportation%20Design%20Standards.pdf

What is unbelievable is the prices of the new standards adopted. Just the new green book goes from U$ 240.00 and up.

You can get the PDF version of this book free online.

Hydraulic Design of Highway Culverts, Hydraulic Design Series Number 5, Publication No. FHWA-NH1-01-020, September 2011

see link below:

/>http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/engineering/hydraulics/library_arc.cfm?pub_number=7&id=13

I was going through the current list of standards and found that the following book is not list in the current list of standards:

Traffic Engineering Handbook,

2009, 6th edition, Institute of Transportation Engineers, Washington, DC.

Any comments?

I was going through the current list of standards and found that the following book is not list in the current list of standards:

Traffic Engineering Handbook,

2009, 6th edition, Institute of Transportation Engineers, Washington, DC.

Any comments?

There will no longer be questions on the exam from the T.E. Handbook.

Back