PE Certificate

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So they have everything else already (i.e transcripts, ethics exam, SERs, 3 references, finger prints/criminal background check, FE verification, etc. [or this is completed: http://engineer.texas.gov/downloads/checklist.pdf])?

I had to do all of this to get approval to sit for the exam - it took me 4-5 weeks to get to this point (and I was pressing hard to get them everything). I would guess if you get to this point you'll be issued your license.

Probably the thing that takes the longest is getting your SERs signed and sent to TBPE. Once they are sent then they are reviewed.
yes they have everything , I mailed all the required documents and I get an email from TBPE says that they received all the application fees and the application form  , and this was last Friday 23th  

yes they have everything , I mailed all the required documents and I get an email from TBPE says that they received all the application fees and the application form  , and this was last Friday 23th  
Ok, you should get an notification that they received your SER and references.

Based on my experience, the last information they need from me was my ethics exam, SER, and all 3 references. I actually mailed all those things together and 3 days later I was approved to sit for the exam.

It shouldn't take too much longer. My guess is you'll receive an e-mail around 5am one morning stating you've been licensed to practice professional engineering. In that e-mail, you'll get your number so you can order your stamp. You'll have 60 days to provide TBPE will an imprint of your stamp (they'll send you an approval notification) and a recent picture.

Hang in there...

Based on my experience, the last information they need from me was my ethics exam, SER, and all 3 references. I actually mailed all those things together and 3 days later I was approved to sit for the exam.

It shouldn't take too much longer. My guess is you'll receive an e-mail around 5am one morning stating you've been licensed to practice professional engineering. In that e-mail, you'll get your number so you can order your stamp. You'll have 60 days to provide TBPE will an imprint of your stamp (they'll send you an approval notification) and a recent picture.

Hang in there...
Thanks TWJ for your help!

Hang in there...
just have one more question, you mentioned that you received the approval after three days, was it three days from when you maild the Ethic exam, SER, and the Reference Statements, or three days from the receiving confirmation email?, because I just received an email today at 5AM said that they received these items :

* Ethics Exam - Online Passed Ethics Exam
* Other Item - PE App (Paper Form)
* SER - Eng. 1-4
* Reference #1
* Reference #2
* Reference #3
* CH Record Check
* Additional Ref

so I am just wondering how long it will take to get the approval email?

just have one more question, you mentioned that you received the approval after three days, was it three days from when you maild the Ethic exam, SER, and the Reference Statements, or three days from the receiving confirmation email?, because I just received an email today at 5AM said that they received these items :

* Ethics Exam - Online Passed Ethics Exam
* Other Item - PE App (Paper Form)
* SER - Eng. 1-4
* Reference #1
* Reference #2
* Reference #3
* CH Record Check
* Additional Ref

so I am just wondering how long it will take to get the approval email?
Three days after receiving the e-mail confirmation that they had received my remaining information I got an e-mail confirmation stating I was approved for the exam. Not sure if the boxes still turn green, but if everything is green I would expect it shouldn't be much longer. With the holiday, that might slow things down a touch but I would guess by the end of the next week.

You didn't have to send FE confirmation (or is that the CH Record Check)?

You are confident your experience qualifies, etc.?

Three days after receiving the e-mail confirmation that they had received my remaining information I got an e-mail confirmation stating I was approved for the exam. Not sure if the boxes still turn green, but if everything is green I would expect it shouldn't be much longer. With the holiday, that might slow things down a touch but I would guess by the end of the next week.

You didn't have to send FE confirmation (or is that the CH Record Check)?

You are confident your experience qualifies, etc.?
Yes I am confident  . the CH check is the finger print because I don't live in Texas so I had to send it to Illinois

Did you get a notification stating your application had been assigned to a reviewer?

I wouldn't think it would take too long.

Did you get a notification stating your application had been assigned to a reviewer?

I wouldn't think it would take too long.
No not yet, they just Saied that they received all of my documents, I don't know why it takes a long time???, but maybe because of the holidays

No not yet, they just Saied that they received all of my documents, I don't know why it takes a long time???, but maybe because of the holidays
That's probably slowing things down a little bit. But if you haven't received an e-mail stating it's been assigned to a reviewer then not sure what's going on. Guess it's possible they don't issue those e-mails anymore.

That's probably slowing things down a little bit. But if you haven't received an e-mail stating it's been assigned to a reviewer then not sure what's going on. Guess it's possible they don't issue those e-mails anymore.
I don't really know maybe because my case is different I mean since I already passed the PE exam so they don't have a reason to be in hurry like if I am waiting for their approval to set for the exam , I really start to feel worry I know I don't have anything to be worry about it , but the waiting is killing me , cant focus on anything else because I am thinking about the license all the time and when I will receive the email states that I am a PE , it has been so long since I started to work on this target

@I.ELKADY I've followed the same process as you (test first, application after).  I'm sitting here trying to start on my SER (I'm also in TX), and the task ahead is mentally paralyzing me.  I guess I'm concerned that they'll reject my experience and I will have overcome the feat of the PE exam without reaping the benefits...  I've been with the same employer since I started in 2010, but one of my positions wasn't directly related to my engineering discipline (was still doing some high level analysis of facilities design, but wasn't strictly Electrical).  You think that matters?

@I.ELKADY I've followed the same process as you (test first, application after).  I'm sitting here trying to start on my SER (I'm also in TX), and the task ahead is mentally paralyzing me.  I guess I'm concerned that they'll reject my experience and I will have overcome the feat of the PE exam without reaping the benefits...  I've been with the same employer since I started in 2010, but one of my positions wasn't directly related to my engineering discipline (was still doing some high level analysis of facilities design, but wasn't strictly Electrical).  You think that matters?
I am not pretty sure, but as I understood from the Board rules that they consider any engineering design related experience and it doesn't mentioned if it should be in your discipline or not , but I believe if you will call the license department they will give you the right answer, I called them like two or three times before I mailed my SER and Reference Statements and they were really helpful with answering all my questions, specially because I have almost 9 years experience overseas (all of them were in Mechanical Engineering)but still I am really worry about the approval because its up to the Board decision to consider the number of overseas experience, but as I said if you will give them a call they will give you the right answer

I am not pretty sure, but as I understood from the Board rules that they consider any engineering design related experience and it doesn't mentioned if it should be in your discipline or not , but I believe if you will call the license department they will give you the right answer, I called them like two or three times before I mailed my SER and Reference Statements and they were really helpful with answering all my questions, specially because I have almost 9 years experience overseas (all of them were in Mechanical Engineering)but still I am really worry about the approval because its up to the Board decision to consider the number of overseas experience, but as I said if you will give them a call they will give you the right answer
Just called and the guy said I can include experience outside my discipline, but obviously to focus on experience in the discipline for the license I'm trying to obtain.  Of course, the guy answering the phone isn't the same person(s) who reviews the SER.

Just called and the guy said I can include experience outside my discipline, but obviously to focus on experience in the discipline for the license I'm trying to obtain.  Of course, the guy answering the phone isn't the same person(s) who reviews the SER.
No of course he isn't the same person, anyway you need to send your application with all the supported documents , because if you wont send your application you wont know the Board decision, and as you mentioned you started your career since 2010 so you have almost 6 years of experience , and you just need 4 years , so I feel there is no worries . Good Luck man!!

I got mine in the mail a couple of days ago...almost exactly a month after learning about me passing. It is now with Michaels for a custom frame...excited!

Back