PCC Paved Ditch

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sehad

Reaction score
I'm looking for a design guide on concrete paved ditches or for maintenance of paved ditches. Spacing on contraction joints, redwoods, thickness, load transfers(if needed), max slopes, etc......

I'm in the process of a rehab job on a paved ditch built about 40 to 50 years ago and I'm not familiar with the design so I can't immediately spot specific causes of problems. Any publication would be helpful. Thanks.

ditches
and here are some other standard plans: M standards

Thanks. I have some standard plans from La. I'm more interested in the design of the joint spacing. Design of the location of the weep holes, etc. Like I said, I'm doing a rehab job. Case in point. Rule of thumb is contraction joint spacing 30 times the thickness of the slab max. 4 inch slab = 10 ft max spacing. The spacing is 14' so that contributes to the cracking of the slab.

I need to understand the design so that I can say "this" is the problem and "this" will fix it.

The standards do help though, they are slightly different that some of the ones I have seen here.

Back