Pavement Design?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phillyphan

Reaction score
Will this be on the exam? NCEES didnt seem to list it under Transportation but I was almost sure that it would be.

Will this be on the exam? NCEES didnt seem to list it under Transportation but I was almost sure that it would be.
For some odd reason, the topic of Pavement Design was taken out for one (or maybe two) exam cycle (I forget - either Oct. 09 or April 10). It did not seem to appear to be an error of omission either, because at the same time, the AASHTO Pavement Design Guide was also taken out of the Transp references. They are both back in however! It makes no sense for Pavements to NOT be a part of the Transportation P.E. exam

For some odd reason, the topic of Pavement Design was taken out for one (or maybe two) exam cycle (I forget - either Oct. 09 or April 10). It did not seem to appear to be an error of omission either, because at the same time, the AASHTO Pavement Design Guide was also taken out of the Transp references. They are both back in however! It makes no sense for Pavements to NOT be a part of the Transportation P.E. exam
So.... its gonna be on the exam? I'm confused bro?

So.... its gonna be on the exam? I'm confused bro?
Yes, it IS in the current exam specs.
Have you, guys, received e-mail from NCEES back in July about updated Chapters in the CERM. Both chapter (Pavement Design), Ch. #75 & 76 were updeted. They send a free copy of these updated chapters along with Structural Ch. 56 & 57. If you don't have it. just send me e-mail and I will forward you these updates. Its too big to post it here.

Back