Passing the ME PE Thermo & Fluids

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seafever

Reaction score
I have not posted much on here in the past, mostly just lurked around taking in tips from past test takers. Anyway, I just got my results from the April exam and so happy to say that I passed! Finally! This is very big for me as I have been out of school for 24 years now. I took the ME Machine design exam 2 years ago unsuccessfully. I did not get around to retaking until last April.

Here is what helped me pass:

1) I took Dr Tom's 20 week refresher.

2) Dr. Tom suggested I ditch taking MD and take the T&F instead. I am sure this was the ticket for me passing. Way back in college, Thermodynamics scared the crap out of me. Not sure why, but it just did not click with me. Anyway, I looked at all the required review for T&F vs MD and I was convinced. So I really focused my studies on thermodymanics. Once you get the basics down in thermo it is kind of "plug and Chug" type problems, but you do have to master it. (seems like just mass or energy balance) MD there is just so much more material to review.

3) Use this site. Good info here. Especially Shaggy's tabbing suggestions. I did not post very often, but did read many old posts of successful test takers.

4) Work old NCEES sample problems. I had gotten both 2001 and 2008. Must have worked them 6 or 8 times each.

5) Work the Lindburgh sample problems. I did work some of these, but did not focus to heavily because alot of the problems seemed too difficult for the actual exam. Can be helpful, but can be a confidence killer if you are not careful.

Got to go for now. I may post more tomorrow.

Sea Fever

Back