Pass Rates Updated NCEES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soz if you Re-took PE software and haven't gotten your official results yet: you failed.

Civil Transportation went down as well. Not surprised as that was a particularly difficult exam (3-time test taker). So glad I never have to take it again. 

Forgive me if this is common knowledge but if one took Civil: Structural and failed but then passed Civil: Construction would they be considered "First Time Taker" or a "Repeat Taker" for the second go around?

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgive me if this is common knowledge but if one took Civil: Structural and failed but then passed Civil: Construction would they be considered "First Time Taker" or a "Repeat Taker" for the second go around?
I don't know, but this is exactly what I did lol.  pass rates are... well.... making me more anxious.  My **** state taking their time giving results!

The retakers for power 😱.
It was my first attempt but I found the exam to be terribly difficult (and very unlike the NCEES practice exam). No idea how I managed to pass. I've seen people who scored 60% and failed.

It was my first attempt but I found the exam to be terribly difficult (and very unlike the NCEES practice exam). No idea how I managed to pass. I've seen people who scored 60% and failed.
I'm a retaker. 3rd time actually. I checked the pass rates before checking my outcome and i was almost positive I had failed. Went over to my dashboard, and at that moment I felt an amount of joy so high that I could only remember a few instance in my life that made me feel that way. It was over... I passed.

Took me 3 tries, but persistence definitely paid off

Environmental is down by 5%. How bad it's going to be in the next cycle being a CBT. Glad I passed. 😏

First of all congrats!! 

This was my second time taking the power test and I felt I did very well. I'm still shocked I didn't pass.

45 was my Raw score.. 

What's worse is I actually took a review course (Electrical PE Review) and put in hrs on hrs and still missed the mark. 

I'm really not sure how to better prepare next time as I already felt I was doing well.. 

First of all congrats!! 

This was my second time taking the power test and I felt I did very well. I'm still shocked I didn't pass.

45 was my Raw score.. 

What's worse is I actually took a review course (Electrical PE Review) and put in hrs on hrs and still missed the mark. 

I'm really not sure how to better prepare next time as I already felt I was doing well.. 
I'm so sorry to hear that :(

What helped me on my third try was determining if there were any study habits I could improve. I put in more time on my second attempt, with a review course/reading the EERM, but still failed.  So I decided to focus on quality versus quantity.  Even though I put in the most time on my 3rd attempt (~200 hrs), I studied at the kitchen table to minimize distractions (vs. studying on the couch), and practiced as many problems as I could.

You'll get it.  ❤️ 

I personally think CBT will be a *little* easier.  Looks like pass rates went up for ChemE after the exam went to CBT.
I am curious with regard to people who took the Pencil and Paper Enviro exam if they find the PE Environmental Reference Handbook on the NCESS website more or less dense than the sum total of materials that examinees have traditionally brought on the exam day.  

I am curious with regard to people who took the Pencil and Paper Enviro exam if they find the PE Environmental Reference Handbook on the NCESS website more or less dense than the sum total of materials that examinees have traditionally brought on the exam day.  
It's definitely a good resource, and I brought it with me to the exam; but the P&P exam is so broad that it definitely was not the only resource I used on exam day.

It's definitely a good resource, and I brought it with me to the exam; but the P&P exam is so broad that it definitely was not the only resource I used on exam day.
Ah okay.  That leads me to believe that the CBT exam will be more narrow in scope.

Some people seem to think lower pass rate means that exam cycle is harder.. it could very well mean the skill/competency level is lower while overall exam difficulty stays the same..

I brought it with me to the exam but didn't open it up. It's a good resource but you cannot answer theory questions with it. The number of theory questions might get reduced in the CBT and the difficulty like the FE exam. It's nearly impossible to pass the current PE exam format with just NCEES hand out. 

Back