PA Results?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I don't understand is why PCS and PA result reconciliation has anything to do with NCEES publishing the results on their site.
Yeah ... don't think too hard. You'll only drive yourself nuts. Feel for you guys man, I hope you find out soon.

34262364.jpg

Our testing service PCS has compiled the results from the NCEES for transmittal to the Department of State database. I am hoping this will happen this week but I’m not certain. Please bear with us and best wishes to you!

This is awesome.

I want to write a letter to the legislature regarding this process compared to 49 other states and 2 territories. If I failed I won't have time for a letter. If I passed I probably won't care enough to finish the letter.

So let's start it now, one sentence (or so) at a time, I will send it. Nothing illegal, like death threats, please:

Dear Governor Wolf:

I have recently taken a nation-wide licensing exam administered by...

Our testing service PCS has compiled the results from the NCEES for transmittal to the Department of State database. I am hoping this will happen this week but I’m not certain. Please bear with us and best wishes to you!
This is awesome.

I want to write a letter to the legislature regarding this process compared to 49 other states and 2 territories. If I failed I won't have time for a letter. If I passed I probably won't care enough to finish the letter.

So let's start it now, one sentence (or so) at a time, I will send it. Nothing illegal, like death threats, please:

Dear Governor Wolf:

I have recently taken a nation-wide licensing exam administered by...

If my company took this long to 'compile' already compiled information, someone would get fired. I'm really hoping (guessing) that PCS does something more than just 'compile'... for example, get it in a ready-to-go format that all PA has to do is upload to their database(s) (especially if PA does not currently have the staff/capability to do this in-house). A lot of my work is pretty much a middleman/negotiator/form filler, so I'm trying to appreciate PCS' work...

It is extremely frustrating, though, that other PCS states have already released their results.

Anxiety surrounding any major test like this always makes emotions run high, so I'm trying to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. I'm trying really, really hard.

Plenty of blame to go around. PA is not the only PCS state so they cannot put all the blame on them. Some state worker/department is not doing their job. Secondly, PCS needs to step up. There is a reason that Wisconsin, Maryland, Virginia, and Connecticut dropped PCS.

Just called the state. The person I spoke with said that they are waiting for the results from PCS and was not aware if they had received results yet. She also said that even if they received the results, the state needs to reconcile the results with their information before releasing. Maybe a few phone calls might inspire someone to check to see if they have received the results and process them ... I'm just sayin'...

Just called the state. The person I spoke with said that they are waiting for the results from PCS and was not aware if they had received results yet. She also said that even if they received the results, the state needs to reconcile the results with their information before releasing. Maybe a few phone calls might inspire someone to check to see if they have received the results and process them ... I'm just sayin'...
That's kind of comical when PCS apparently said last Thursday that they had the database ready to go and would be sending it over. Here again, why not just let NCEES release and worry about the other stuff after the fact...ya know, since NCEES holds the official database and all.

Guess that's what happens when you're working with this kind of equipment...wonder how many floppy disks the database takes up.

5.jpg

Maybe results are being "sent over" by mule from TN to PA. That could take a while.
Hopefully the donkey team was not attacked on the Appalachian Trail by moonshiners. They are likely enjoying their new-found PE licenses.

Co-worker just said the 2-hr State-specific Survey exam results were released last night. This is also managed by PCS in PA for Surveyors, so stuff is moving.

This whole process is questionable

I think this explains everything (this is PCS/MA, but similar for PA I bet).

2nl5jsz.jpg
I think peeng meant that PCS is stating they are waiting on PA and PA is stating they are waiting on PCS. We understand the logical process, we just want a little transparency regarding the current status.

I think peeng meant that PCS is stating they are waiting on PA and PA is stating they are waiting on PCS. We understand the logical process, we just want a little transparency regarding the current status.

This whole process is questionable

Sarcasm doesn't travel over the internet I guess :unsure: . My point is that there are an unnecessary number of steps once PCS gets involved.

Back