PA PE test approvals

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatDirk

Reaction score
Has anyone been approved for the October 2011 PE test in PA? I applied for the April test and they didn't give me an answer till after the registration deadline and they just gave me a vague letter asking for more details on my experience. Now the deadline to take the exam for Oct is Sept 1st and I still haven't heard anything. I've called them multiple times asking what is going on and they always answer me with "it's still under review" which I have no idea what that means. My career is in jeopardy if I don't get licensed. Has anyone heard back from PA yet? I am getting nervous. I haven't committed to studying yet because I wasted so much time on the last exam and didn't hear back. Any help would be appreciated. Has anyone had an issue and hired a lawyer to file suit with the board?

Has anyone been approved for the October 2011 PE test in PA? I applied for the April test and they didn't give me an answer till after the registration deadline and they just gave me a vague letter asking for more details on my experience. Now the deadline to take the exam for Oct is Sept 1st and I still haven't heard anything. I've called them multiple times asking what is going on and they always answer me with "it's still under review" which I have no idea what that means. My career is in jeopardy if I don't get licensed. Has anyone heard back from PA yet? I am getting nervous. I haven't committed to studying yet because I wasted so much time on the last exam and didn't hear back. Any help would be appreciated. Has anyone had an issue and hired a lawyer to file suit with the board?

Apply to a different State , P A is slow , do not waist more time !

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually heard back from PA last week which was after the NCEES deadline. However, they still allowed me to have NCEES register me for the exam. I put it out of my mind on Sept 1 and now I am down to 5 weeks of study time.

Watch with going outside your state of residence. If you apply to some states for comity/reciprocity, you must be registered in your state of residence. Best if you could resister in your State.

Same story different state. California hasn't told me anything yet either. This is the second year in a row they have done this to me.

I'm in the same position as you except my application was for the October exam. I received a letter as well asking for more information on my experience at the beginning of August. I still haven't heard anything after providing them the information in September.

Is it possible withdraw my application with PA and then apply to take the exam in Ohio?

Back