Opinions on ASCE Review Course

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nafta

Reaction score
Good day all,

Has anyone taken ASCE's webinars to study for the PE Exam and if so, what did you think of them?

ASCE's online webinars are the only ones that fit my schedule. They also offer 5 lectures for the afternoon depth section.

Right now I am studying on my own for the April Exam using the CERM and the companion problems with the CERM.

I feel overwhelmed, I don't think I have the dicipline to properly study without a course, and I don't want to take the test twice.

Honestly, my gut instinct is that the CERM is not a good reference for the purpose of the PE. It has far too much extraneous information, the formulas are not condensed in an easy to access manner, and the practice problems seem a little out there.

I will keep plugging away because I am definitely learning and improving. I actually enjoy learning new things and becoming a better engineer as a result of this PE studying, but I really want someone's opinion on the ASCE course because studying on my own will not cut it.

I took the course ASCE review online (2011 October test) and I felt very dissapointed whit it. Material is not really good. Construction is the worst review material you can find. If you want some real course that provide material and coaching for the PE test you must consider School of PE. I took initially the ASCE review course, based on budget, but after taking the most complete course with S. of PE I feel that I lost my money with ASCE. I finally decides to take the review course this year and I'm very impressed with format, material and instructors. By the way, where are you located? I'm taking the test in April 2013 (Transportation) if you are interested to get a study partner online

What if you had to pick between the ASCE course and no course at all?

Back