Online Review Course for Civil PE Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civilized_naah

Reaction score
Dr. Indranil Goswami, P.E., author of the book "All in One Civil Engineering PE: Breadth and Depth Exam Guide" (McGraw Hill Professional, June 2009) has been teaching a review course for the Principles and Practice of Civil Engineering (PE-CIVIL) for the past 9 years in a classroom oriented setting. To date, his review course boasts a pass rate significantly higher than the national average.

Starting in February 2010, the PE Review course will be offered online in the form of webinars. The course will be offered over a 2 ½ month period (10 weeks), with two 3-hour meetings each week. Information can be found at http://www.eng.morgan.edu/~indral/PE-April2010.html

www.pereview.net is the online review I used for the Oct. 2009 exam. I PASSED!!! I also used the CERM and the practice problems book that I purchased the first time I took the exam. It was much cheaper than the travel expenses for going to Dallas (nearest to me) for 10 to 12 Saturdays.

The course structure consists of downloadable questions from the five Civil disciplines and video streams to go along each question. There are also 10 practice exams consisting of 20 questions (2 hours each). I thought it was a goo bang for my bucks...

Good Luck to all future takers, whatever study material you choose.

I have taken Dr. Goswami's class room PE review course in 2008 for the 08 October exam. His knowledge and experience in teaching PE review course was reflected in the study material and the pace of his teaching. No doubt the review class made the PE problems look easy during the exam and I received the license in my first attempt. Now he is offering an online course for civil PE. I am sure this is going to be a great help to all professional who are planning to take the PE exam but couldn't enroll to any class room course due to their time conflict. I believe now they have the opportunity to take the review course online at their free time and enjoy Dr Goswami's same teaching experience.

Best of Luck to all aspiring PE exam candidates.

Avijit

Last edited by a moderator:
I concur with AVIJIT"S opinion. Dr. Goswami is very knowledgeable especially in the areas of Structural and Geotech. He is one of the best in these areas that you will ever find. He is also very good in other disciplines. The unique way of him teaching online is that he will be actually writing on a tablet or a board as opposed to presentations with text. So more or less it is like a virtual classroom. You can see the professor solving questions with you. I certainly would recommend this course.

Also I suggest looking at the reviews on amazon about his recently published all-in-one PE review guide. The reviews are very good and tell you a bit more about the professor if you are precarious.

Dr. Indranil Goswami, P.E., author of the book "All in One Civil Engineering PE: Breadth and Depth Exam Guide" (McGraw Hill Professional, June 2009) has been teaching a review course for the Principles and Practice of Civil Engineering (PE-CIVIL) for the past 9 years in a classroom oriented setting. To date, his review course boasts a pass rate significantly higher than the national average.
Starting in February 2010, the PE Review course will be offered online in the form of webinars. The course will be offered over a 2 ½ month period (10 weeks), with two 3-hour meetings each week. Information can be found at http://www.eng.morgan.edu/~indral/PE-April2010.html
The link given is not working. How can I find out more information?

Nvm I found it: http://www.eng.morgan.edu/~indral/PE-October2010.html

Back