Oil Prices Tumble

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually drove my wife's POS Prius all weekend, were still under $4/gallon in my hood, but shuttling back between ball fields all day,when your late, in a hurry, sucks up gas in my daily driver... V8 type thing...

It's hovering at $4 here.

Stop and Shop and Shell Gas have an arrangement where you get 10 cents off per gallon for every $100 you spend on groceries. Once a month I let it get down to almost empty and top it off at 60-70 cents per gallon less than the listed price.

Heck my gas light goes on about twice a week. I was so excited when i got the CRV way better gas mileage so I figured I wouldn't have to fill up and often as with my blazer...I was so wrong...the gas tank was smaller so I have to fill up just as often.

I also drive a CRV. Decent gas mileage (sure it was better when it was new) but yeah, tiny tank.

Rented an Altima recently, drove about 300 miles around all weekend on less than 3/4 of a tank, but yeah, it cost $45 to goes from well above empty back to 3/4 before I dropped it off.

some stations in atlanta are starting to give a .05/gallon discout for paying cash...

I also drive a CRV. Decent gas mileage (sure it was better when it was new) but yeah, tiny tank.
Rented an Altima recently, drove about 300 miles around all weekend on less than 3/4 of a tank, but yeah, it cost $45 to goes from well above empty back to 3/4 before I dropped it off.
I have a 2008 Altima. If I have a lot of highway miles, I can get 500 miles on a tank, but with all city driving, I usually get about 350. At nearly $4/gallon, it costs me $65 for a fill-up.

^I found out when I rented an Altima and pre-bought a tank of gas that they have giant gas tanks. I lost my shirt on that deal, since I figured the 300 miles I was going to drive it would get it close to empty. NOPE!

I too am going to start riding my bike to work, at least when the weather cooperates. It's only 4 miles, and only a half-mile of that is on a busy street. I'm not doing it to save gas, though. Just for exercise.

Oil dropped about $3/barrel yesterday...so the gas stations around here jacked the price up 27 cents per gallon. For the first time this year, regular unleaded is over $4/gallon.

Thankfully prices haven't risen here. Still hovering around $4.15/gallon. I'm waiting for them to go down to fill up the 30-gallon tank in the Bronco.

Last edited by a moderator:
that sounds about right. gas took a 20+cent jump here by work so it is around 4.20/gal, but a mere 20 miles south they are at 3.98/gal sounds like price gouging to me. Even my little rural town is 4.09/gal

Oil dropped about $3/barrel yesterday...so the gas stations around here jacked the price up 27 cents per gallon. For the first time this year, regular unleaded is over $4/gallon.
The news I heard this morning said the price hike in gasoline prices in the last few days hasn't been due to oil prices but by speculation that some refineries in Louisiana may be impacted by the flooding along the Mississippi.

The news I heard this morning said the price hike in gasoline prices in the last few days hasn't been due to oil prices but by speculation that some refineries in Louisiana may be impacted by the flooding along the Mississippi.
Oh, no.

I remember after Katrina, the run on gas was so hard that I couldn't FIND any station that had some. And I had to drive 50 miles home. i was sweating it.

Speculators can find more asinine stuff to affect the price of commodities than any normal person should be capable of.

Latest posts

Back