October SE Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SE results in for CA (At least Sacramento). I passed (Buildings) first time for both! Thanks for all the help on this board. I didn't post much but definitely did a lot of lurking. Everything on here was very helpful! Thank you everyone!

Congratulations to everyone who passed and good luck to everyone who missed it this time around.

Just got my PA SE results, did not pass the Lateral again.  Nuts.............................

afternoon all acceptable?  Lateral's passing rate is relatively low.
Yes, all three acceptable in the afternoon for Bridge.  Haven't done any building design since college a long time ago.  Dam building topics are killing me!!!!!!

Wow, all acceptable and still failed. What was your score for the first part?
23/40 for AM. 

That was my 4th attempt at the lateral test. Passed the vertical on my first attempt. 

Very frustrated that I did not pass this time, felt very good after taking the test and would have put money on it that I passed. 

Not sure if I am going to continue or not.  Will make that decision after the holidays.

I remember reading somewhere that the test is set up so that you can't pass by just doing really well in either the morning or afternoon. You have to show a minimal effort on both parts.

This is correct. I have known people that have gotten 34-35 right in the morning, but got an un-acceptable in the afternoon and they failed them. One time I failed with a 25/40 and 3 acceptables, so they really make you grind for it

Last edited by a moderator:
23/40 for AM. 

That was my 4th attempt at the lateral test. Passed the vertical on my first attempt. 

Very frustrated that I did not pass this time, felt very good after taking the test and would have put money on it that I passed. 

Not sure if I am going to continue or not.  Will make that decision after the holidays.
hang in there. We get smarter and learn more after each attempt. you will get it, have no fear

Latest posts

Back