October Pass Rates on NCEES

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took a few weeks off to celebrate passing Civil:Construction... it was my FOURTH time taking it so I have some thoughts on what happens to people and why the rates are so low...

1st time taking- shot in the dark, minimal studying, didn't have all the references, etc...- missed it by approximately 1-2 questions (wish I hadn't known that)

2nd time taking- felt pretty confident that I could pass if I had all the references- missed it by approximately 2-3 questions

3rd time taking- took a prep class, had all the references tabbed like crazy, went in feeling scared/defeated, building lost power for an hour during the PM section- missed it again by 1-2 questions

4th time taking- not much more prep time, spent a lot of time during those 6 months working on other parts of my life (fitness mainly)- walked in confident and prepared- PASSED

Not a pretty 24 month ride, but it is over and I think the main thing I would pass on is to STUDY more than you ever think you should for the first time, you will be confident and you will PASS.  I took bad advice from multiple people telling me to just go for it the first time so I would have a better feeling about the test :(   I am 16 years out of school so this seemed like a good idea, but I think it just managed to lower my self confidence.

Yes, I think it was the 2nd lowest pass rate compared to other PE exams this past Oct.  I thought the exam was tough and I'm somewhat glad that I wasn't alone.  Still, I'll have to be more prepared next time. 
yea...you can do it...I m sure you are well underway by now.. By now you should be prepared..take it slowly..1/2 hours-1 hour daily M-F study and maybe sunday 1 hr should be enough..give your brain a break on Saturday..go drink or out

It took me 4 attempts to pass. The last time I took it, it was all about organization. I tabbed the daylights out of my references, made formula sheets, wrote down every single problem I could find in a binder, etc etc.

It's tough to accept that you didn't make, but develop a game plan and stick to it. You can do it!
Four times??? How cute.

That explains the prissy attitude when I passed EE first try with zero background. 

On 12/17/2015 at 10:37 AM, Ken PE 3.0 said: It took me 4 attempts to pass. The last time I took it, it was all about organization. I tabbed the daylights out of my references, made formula sheets, wrote down every single problem I could find in a binder, etc etc. It's tough to accept that you didn't make, but develop a game plan and stick to it. You can do it!
Four times??? How cute.That explains the prissy attitude when I passed EE first try with zero background. 
I would love to continue this conversation, but I have decided against arguing with self-righteous pompous idiots. So, good day to you. And P.S., passing an exam doesn't define who a person is. You just got lucky.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Back