Oct 2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sure can cause a lot of trouble even if I am not online.

Behold the power of an Ohio PE!

Why does Ohio even need PE's?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope this is allowed.. Did anyone else think the NCEES practice exam (civil) was easier than the actual test? I took the practice test feeling confident and great after. Then I walked out on test day feeling like mislead failure lol.

That is certainly allowed cbo, and to be honest, I felt the same when I took my exams.  I think the difference though is that with the practice exams you know there isn't really any consequence of failing and so you are generally more relaxed and not really second guessing yourself so naturally you'll feel more confident afterwards.

Hope this is allowed.. Did anyone else think the NCEES practice exam (civil) was easier than the actual test? I took the practice test feeling confident and great after. Then I walked out on test day feeling like mislead failure lol.
I felt the Practice exam AM was easier than the actual AM. But I thought the actual PM was easier than the practice PM.

It seems about the same for Power. Though it might be because the first time I opened either of them was test day.

That is certainly allowed cbo, and to be honest, I felt the same when I took my exams.  I think the difference though is that with the practice exams you know there isn't really any consequence of failing and so you are generally more relaxed and not really second guessing yourself so naturally you'll feel more confident afterwards.
That makes sense! I'm at the stage of having failure nightmares every night to daydreaming several times a day of what I'll do if I pass. A total roller coaster. I've been following this board for a couple of weeks now. It keeps me a little more sane!

That makes sense! I'm at the stage of having failure nightmares every night to daydreaming several times a day of what I'll do if I pass. A total roller coaster. I've been following this board for a couple of weeks now. It keeps me a little more sane!
@cbo23, it'll be over soon.

image.png

Back