Oct 2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
32 minutes ago, John QPE said: My guy is telling me they need to have a "do over" (whatever that means) for the cut score meeting. Apparently some dude in California didn't get fingerprinted in time, and it messed the entire process up.
I don't think so.  The fingerprint requirement is for the actual license after the one passes the exam.  It means a person can pass, but his license will not be issued until he get the Livescan fingerprint. 
Interesting...in Texas we have to do the fingerprinting and pass a background check before we're approved to take the exam.

Interesting...in Texas we have to do the fingerprinting and pass a background check before we're approved to take the exam.
I think CA is the same as Texas.  It's just that CA only implemented this fingerprint requirement in July 2015, which was after the filing deadline for the Oct 2015 exam.  Therefore, these people could not have gotten their fingers printed.  They have a chance to do so now before getting licensed.  Going forward, I'm sure CA will require the fingerprint before allowing the applicant to sit in the PE Exam. 

2 minutes ago, jades3721 said: Interesting...in Texas we have to do the fingerprinting and pass a background check before we're approved to take the exam.
I think CA is the same as Texas.  It's just that CA only implemented this fingerprint requirement in July 2015, which was after the filing deadline for the Oct 2015 exam.  Therefore, these people could not have gotten their fingers printed.  They have a chance to do so now before getting licensed.  Going forward, I'm sure CA will require the fingerprint before allowing the applicant to sit in the PE Exam. 
Well that's boring. I thought they might be slightly sadistic and going to see how much of people's time and money they could waste before telling them they couldn't actually have a license! [emoji6]

My guy is telling me they need to have a "do over" (whatever that means) for the cut score meeting. Apparently some dude in California didn't get fingerprinted in time, and it messed the entire process up.
Really?  My guy told me that after cleaning up one of the testing centers they discovered a blue NCEES pencil on the ground so they're going to have us all come back in to retake it to make sure we didn't cheat.

I'm always serious
A guy at my firm whose cousion is an ncees boards member is now telling me that scan trons for one of the afternoon sessions for civil are going to have to get scanned again as there was three problems that the scan tron was set up to mark right that was actually wrong on the exam. they need reevaulate all the disciplines now. we are looking at mid jan at the earliest for results. 

A guy at my firm whose cousion is an ncees boards member is now telling me that scan trons for one of the afternoon sessions for civil are going to have to get scanned again as there was three problems that the scan tron was set up to mark right that was actually wrong on the exam. they need reevaulate all the disciplines now. we are looking at mid jan at the earliest for results. 
These rumors are driving me off the wall. Please stop playing with my emotions.

Really?  My guy told me that after cleaning up one of the testing centers they discovered a blue NCEES pencil on the ground so they're going to have us all come back in to retake it to make sure we didn't cheat.
That's a good one. I might use it next time around.

They... couldn't... revoke someone's "Pass," could they?

That would be worse than failing.
Once you pass, I am sure you will be first in line for some payback.

What are the odds of getting results today? I haven't seen anything from @glockjacket in a few days...
He posted the probabilities for the entire week -

So since I'll be out of town all next week, heres your percentages for the week:

Based upon the last 9 releases (adding 2.5 days to April results to account for thanksgiving)

there is a 3.1604% chance results will be released Monday Dec 7.

there is a 4.1937% chance results will be released Tuesday Dec 8.

there is a 5.4173% chance results will be released Wednesday Dec 9.

there is a 6.8267% chance results will be released Thursday Dec 10.

there is a 8.4105% chance results will be released Friday Dec 11.

I took a nap and woke up certain that results were posted for some reason.

They're not.

http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/fall_2015_results_info.pdf

These rumors are driving me off the wall. Please stop playing with my emotions.
54224040.jpg

You guys are the stupidest bunch of engineers I have seen . Seriously you don't deserve a PE .

You should have four letters after your name instead of two .

You guys are the stupidest bunch of engineers I have seen . Seriously you don't deserve a PE .

You should have four letters after your name instead of two .
Not me.  I'm thinking Ken PE probably didn't even sit for ANY PE exam- I bet he sat for the FE.

Plus, he's from Ohio!!!  You know on the Ohio exams they ask questions like "If farmer Joe has nine horses, how many acres can he plow before noon if the cows were milked by 6:20AM?"

Back