Oct 2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if it aligns with the results that were released in April, this Thursday would be the date. There are so many possibilities but we really have no clue.

Have you all seen the latest notice on the California Board website (http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/) from Dec. 4:

How does this align with the estimates mentioned above?
I don't think the CA PE results will be delayed because of this requirement, only obtaining your license once results are posted.

Also, here's my thoughts regarding fingerprinting/background checks:

I can see the logic for why California Board would want these things, but government (state or federal) needs to do a better job protecting the privacy of those who provide this information.  I was notified recently by OPM (Office of Personnel Management) that my information (including fingerprints) was compromised as part of the government hack earlier this year.  Needless to say, not happy. :angry:

Can anyone tell me what this means...

Just for fun I searched my name on the Ohio Engineering Board License database and it came up.  It reads: Credential - PE, License Type - Professional Engineer, Status - Reviewed, etc.  Obviously no PE license number, but from what I've heard you have to apply for your license number upon receiving your results.

What does this mean?  Does it mean I passed, or is my name in the system because I applied?  Can anyone else from Ohio checked?

FWIW, two other individuals I know also took the Oct 2015 exam and their search results show the same wording.  Perhaps it's just a placeholder after you apply via the Ohio Board to take the PE.

Just for fun I searched my name on the Ohio Engineering Board License database and it came up.  It reads: Credential - PE, License Type - Professional Engineer, Status - Reviewed, etc.  Obviously no PE license number, but from what I've heard you have to apply for your license number upon receiving your results.

What does this mean?  Does it mean I passed, or is my name in the system because I applied?  Can anyone else from Ohio checked?
What is your EIT status?  Is it something along the lines of "obsolete?"

I don't believe I can look up the EIT statuses.  I checked a friend of mine who just applied for the April exam, and his name appears as the same, but status reads Pending.  I believe an engineer's name is entered once you apply to the Ohio board to take an exam.

False alarm, return to your normally scheduled broadcast.

I don't believe I can look up the EIT statuses.  I checked a friend of mine who just applied for the April exam, and his name appears as the same, but status reads Pending.  I believe an engineer's name is entered once you apply to the Ohio board to take an exam.

False alarm, return to your normally scheduled broadcast.
In Oklahoma, the EI status changes from "Active" to "Inactive" when you get a PE (and, obviously, that status is searchable).  Nothing pulls up in the PE search unless you pass.

Mine has said the same thing since before taking the exam.  It is just a placeholder to show your application has been reviewed and you are eligible to take the exam.

Mine has said the same thing since before taking the exam.  It is just a placeholder to show your application has been reviewed and you are eligible to take the exam.
Agreed. I hadn't checked it yet - needless to say my heart skipped a few beats when I saw it said License Type - PE.  :censored:

I thought we all convinced ourselves the results would be posted on a Thursday. Now it's Monday?
I'm still convinced it's this Thursday or Friday. 3-4 business days after the cut score meeting shown in the NCEES Dec licensure exchange.

Have you all seen the latest notice on the California Board website (http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/) from Dec. 4:

How does this align with the estimates mentioned above?
It seems to align just fine because it's so broad. "The coming weeks" from Dec. 4 puts you right in the originally broadcast 8-10 weeks from exam date range. And CA posted this before NCEES posted their update yesterday.

I'm going with friday.  So that means it will be next week. 

FWIW, two other individuals I know also took the Oct 2015 exam and their search results show the same wording.  Perhaps it's just a placeholder after you apply via the Ohio Board to take the PE.
Ohio does not issue numbers til they get paid.

10 minutes ago, Kaerous said: Can anyone tell me what this means... Just for fun I searched my name on the Ohio Engineering Board License database and it came up.  It reads: Credential - PE, License Type - Professional Engineer, Status - Reviewed, etc.  Obviously no PE license number, but from what I've heard you have to apply for your license number upon receiving your results.

What is your EIT status?  Is it something along the lines of "obsolete?"
Ohio does not list EIT

Back