Oct 2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I work with a woman who's on the state eng. board and who has been a state delegate with the NCEES.  She said there was an issue with the PE results. Something with the computers that scan the bubble sheets and compare to the cut score. She said that's why the PE results weren't released with the PS results. They're going to hold off on the SE results to double check them. Some of the PS final results may be false passes.

I have a feeling it's going to be a long wait. This sucks.
How do we know you aren't yanking our chains???

my advice to everyone - in the future, count how many problems you were confident on when you get done with the exam. This will give you a good idea of where your grade should be. That's a piece of advice i read on a thread here when I was preparing for last April's exam. I counted around 48/80 that I knew that time around and guess what i got - 48/80.
As time has gone by, my count has gone from 68/80 walking out of the test room to somewhere in the low 50's.... another week of waiting and that count will be down to high 40's.....

I work with a woman who's on the state eng. board and who has been a state delegate with the NCEES.  She said there was an issue with the PE results. Something with the computers that scan the bubble sheets and compare to the cut score. She said that's why the PE results weren't released with the PS results. They're going to hold off on the SE results to double check them. Some of the PS final results may be false passes.

I have a feeling it's going to be a long wait. This sucks.
SO sad!

They... couldn't... revoke someone's "Pass," could they?

That would be worse than failing.
Ask someone from PA who had their emails retracted last year.

I don't know. I can't actually prove a conversation. 
With the way things go on this (and other boards) you could give us her name, where you work, and provide an image of her notarized signature on a statement verifying what you said and some will still not believe you.  With that said, can you get her to sign a statement and have it notarized?

They... couldn't... revoke someone's "Pass," could they?

That would be worse than failing.
PA released the results and then pulled them back do to a 'glitch' in the system with PCS.

It was a real mess.

Scantron scoring machines are notoriously buggy.  That's why you spot-check and conduct statistical analysis.
And remember, this (minus the statistical analysis, and spot checking) is how the President is elected.

With the way things go on this (and other boards) you could give us her name, where you work, and provide an image of her notarized signature on a statement verifying what you said and some will still not believe you.  With that said, can you get her to sign a statement and have it notarized?
That's too much effort. But trust me.

vfa9c

Back