Oct 2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone heard if the scoring workshop was last weekend or this coming weekend?  Fall results are usually released to the states approximately a week after the scoring workshop ends.  Here are the dates from previous years.

Record Legend:
A) Date of Friday Exam
B) Date that Scoring Workshop Ends
C) Date that NCEES Releases Scores to States
D) Number of Days from Exam to Release of Scores
E) Number of Days from End of Workshop to Release of Scores

2011 – A)10/28  B)12/10  C)12/16  D)49  E)6
2012 – A)10/26  B)12/08  C)12/17  D)52  E)9
2013 – A)10/25  B)12/07  C)12/16  D)52  E)9
2014 – A)10/24  B)12/06  C)12/15  D)52  E)9
2015 – A)10/30  B)??/??  C)??/??  D)??  E)?

Has anyone heard if the scoring workshop was last weekend or this coming weekend?  Fall results are usually released to the states approximately a week after the scoring workshop ends.  Here are the dates from previous years.

Record Legend:
A) Date of Friday Exam

December 4–7 PE Metallurgical and Materials Exam Cut Score Meeting Houston, Texas

(http://ncees.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Licensure-Exchange-December-2015.pdf)

Record Legend:
A) Date of Friday Exam

So this has been pretty consistent... earliest we'll see the results is late Thursday or Friday but looking more likely to be next week. This puts an end to me checking constantly today!

So this has been pretty consistent... earliest we'll see the results is late Thursday or Friday but looking more likely to be next week. This puts an end to me checking constantly today!
If they release the scores 52 days after the October 30, 2015 exam, the 52nd day is on December 21.  

If the scoring took place this past weekend I'm assuming results will be released to the states next Monday.  That's been consistent for the past three years: (2012) Mon Dec 17, (2013) Mon Dec 16, (2014) Mon Dec 15.

If they release the scores 52 days after the October 30, 2015 exam, the 52nd day is on December 21.  
It seems as though the important time frame would be scoring weekend-to-release, not absolute time from exam to release.  But I could certainly be wrong, I guess we'll see next week!

I work with a woman who's on the state eng. board and who has been a state delegate with the NCEES.  She said there was an issue with the PE results. Something with the computers that scan the bubble sheets and compare to the cut score. She said that's why the PE results weren't released with the PS results. They're going to hold off on the SE results to double check them. Some of the PS final results may be false passes.

I have a feeling it's going to be a long wait. This sucks.

I work with a woman who's on the state eng. board and who has been a state delegate with the NCEES.  She said there was an issue with the PE results. Something with the computers that scan the bubble sheets and compare to the cut score. She said that's why the PE results weren't released with the PS results. They're going to hold off on the SE results to double check them. Some of the PS final results may be false passes.

If that's legit, I'm definitely having them do a manual verification if I fail..

They... couldn't... revoke someone's "Pass," could they?

That would be worse than failing.
I don't know. I think that's why they're going to double check the PE and SE results.

Are you kidding?

my advice to everyone - in the future, count how many problems you were confident on when you get done with the exam. This will give you a good idea of where your grade should be. That's a piece of advice i read on a thread here when I was preparing for last April's exam. I counted around 48/80 that I knew that time around and guess what i got - 48/80.

Is this bs? We pay a couple hundred a person and there's presumably a software or hardware issue? Surely the computers are calibrated before they begin scoring...

Is this bs? We pay a couple hundred a person and there's presumably a software or hardware issue? Surely the computers are calibrated before they begin scoring...
Scantron scoring machines are notoriously buggy.  That's why you spot-check and conduct statistical analysis.

Compared to the cut score?  What does that mean?  The scanned results showed a larger than normal amount of fails or passes?

Matt, I heard (from one of my friends who also is a member of your state board) that you passed before they found out @ the issue...now I don't know what's going to happen after they fix the issue...gud luck man 

Do the boards even find out cut scores? I thought that was for NCEES eyes only.

Back