Oct 2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to be totally anti-iphone as well. I spent three years with Android before switching, which cured all the droid problems  :D
Not everyone can be perfect.

Why does it seem that >90% of the gifs/memes are android defeating apple?

Compensating. Droid talks about how much better they are while apple just continues to be better.
Can you back that statement up?  Let me start out with question #1, does Apple support wireless charging yet?  No?  Weird.  Here's some more for you. :thumbs:

iphone-6-nexus-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Not everyone can be perfect.

Can you back that statement up?  Let me start out with question #1, does Apple support wireless charging yet?  No?  Weird.  Here's some more for you. :thumbs:

iphone-6-nexus-4.jpg
You're right, Android does tend to bring new features to market early (read: prematurely) and their users absolutely will be the experts in using them because they will have spent countless hours trying to troubleshoot bugs and will have sent countless error reports to developers - you guys know the features inside and out! I've been there and I wholly admit I got tired of paying to be a beta tester for Android software and hardware. But thanks for your hard work!

When I'm paying for a device, I will take fewer features that all perform as desired over half-baked innovations (yes, I admit the things they come out with are often awesome) that lag, have low reliability, and are simply frustrating when all you want to do is use the damn phone. This may not be your preference, which is why the use of the adjective "better" will always be subjective.

To each their own.  I tend to do my homework and research on a device before buying.  So I'm not quite sure what you were doing that you encountered "countless hours" troubleshooting bugs.  LOL  Never really had any issues at all with Android specifically.

When I'm paying over-paying for an Apple device,
Fixt.

Yes, to each their own.

I tend to do my homework and research on a device before buying.
Yep me too. Obviously you're just that much better than me.

tumblr_ms3uldhsc11rwfrzjo1_500.gif

So I'm not quite sure what you were doing that you encountered "countless hours" troubleshooting bugs.  LOL
Not worth the exercise of listing. I'll give you one basic one to start with: when was the last time your phone/tablet/other computing device was slower at recognizing your inputs than you were at inputting them? Couldn't even handle my typing a damn text. Worthless. No, it was not every time, but it was frequent. But that almost made it worse - even the unreliability was unreliable!

When I'm paying over-paying for a device,
Fixt.
You're right, I did over-pay for my Android devices, considering their performance.

Never really had any issues at all with Android specifically.
Stage 1: Denial. Even I can admit I have had a few issues with the iPhone. No device is perfect, nor will one ever be. But the iPhone's issues seem to me to be far less frequent and impactful than Androids'.

1.  Yes, to each their own.  Yep me too. Obviously you're just that much better than me.

2.  Not worth the exercise of listing. I'll give you one basic one to start with: when was the last time your phone/tablet/other computing device was slower at recognizing your inputs than you were at inputting them? Couldn't even handle my typing a damn text. Worthless. No, it was not every time, but it was frequent. But that almost made it worse - even the unreliability was unreliable!

3.  You're right, I did over-pay for my Android devices, considering their performance.

4.  Stage 1: Denial. Even I can admit I have had a few issues with the iPhone. No device is perfect, nor will one ever be. But the iPhone's issues seem to me to be far less frequent and impactful than Androids'.
1.  I just call 'em like I see 'em.

2.  Thank you for proving my point.  That Android bugs are so few and far between, A-phans just make generalized bashing comments without substantiating anything specific.  Again, I do not purchase under-powered (and under-spec'd for that matter) devices that can't handle something as simple as user-input.  LOL again.

3.  Re-read post above.  I was pretty clear.

4.  Try reading up a bit on Steve Jobs and how he basically had to steal ideas and innovations from others to use with Apple devices.  Hmm....Apple devices always being just slightly behind, coincidence?  I'd let you decide for yourself but you should probably be safe and ask Siri first. ;)

There is definitely a better chance of having a poor Android experience than there is having a poor iPhone experience because of the open source nature of the Android ecosystem.  Any phone company can take Android and slap it onto their underpowered discount burner phone and market it as an Android device whereas only official iPhones will carry iOS.  You really do have to be more careful and do a bit of homework to get the right device for your needs with Android.

1.  I just call 'em like I see 'em.

2.  Thank you for proving my point.  That Android bugs are so few and far between, A-phans just make generalized bashing comments without substantiating anything specific.  Again, I do not purchase under-powered (and under-spec'd for that matter) devices that can't handle something as simple as user-input.  LOL again.

3.  Re-read post above.  I was pretty clear.

4.  Try reading up a bit on Steve Jobs and how he basically had to steal ideas and innovations from others to use with Apple devices.  Hmm....Apple devices always being just slightly behind, coincidence?  I'd let you decide for yourself but you should probably be safe and ask Siri first. ;)
1. Good for you.

2.1. That doesn't even make sense. I give you a specific example and you say I didn't substantiate with anything specific. You could have correctly said I didn't substantiate with everything specific because there was no need to list every damn issue.

2.2. Good for you. I'm not sure what the hell devices you think I'm buying haha, but that's ok. Enjoy your leather bound books.

3. As was I.

4. Like any good engineer, all research I do starts and ends with Siri, of course. She's the woman behind the man...

1. Good for you.

2.1. That doesn't even make sense. I give you a specific example and you say I didn't substantiate with anything specific. You could have correctly said I didn't substantiate with everything specific because there was no need to list every damn issue.

2.2. Good for you. I'm not sure what the hell devices you think I'm buying haha, but that's ok. Enjoy your leather bound books.

3. As was I.

4. Like any good engineer, all research I do starts and ends with Siri, of course. She's the woman behind the man...
2.1.3.4.a. subsection d, clause 4:  I didn't consider your "example" to be an Android issue but rather operator error hence why I ignored it.

3.2.6.8.9.b.  Well for starters, apparently ones that can't even handle text input.  Seems pretty obvious.

VII.a.(1).  Then thank you for admitting that Apple devices are behind and over-priced.

2.1.3.4.a. subsection d, clause 4:  I didn't consider your "example" to be an Android issue but rather operator error hence why I ignored it.

3.2.6.8.9.b.  Well for starters, apparently ones that can't even handle text input.  Seems pretty obvious.

VII.a.(1).  Then thank you for admitting that Apple devices are behind and over-priced.
Dang, I wish I could be as cool as you.

Y'all's crazy.

The results won't be out til after the 1st, so chill out and enjoy the holidays.

3 minutes ago, knight1fox3 said: 2.1.3.4.a. subsection d, clause 4:  I didn't consider your "example" to be an Android issue but rather operator error hence why I ignored it. 3.2.6.8.9.b.  Well for starters, apparently ones that can't even handle text input.  Seems pretty obvious.

Dang, I wish I could be as cool as you.
We all wish we could be as cool as fox.

Your daily notice for Thursday, December 3rd: 

Based upon the last 9 releases (adding 2.5 days to April results to account for thanksgiving), there is a  0.7502% chance results will be released today.

You're welcome.

Your daily notice for Thursday, December 3rd: 

Based upon the last 9 releases (adding 2.5 days to April results to account for thanksgiving), there is a  0.7502% chance results will be released today.

You're welcome.
Depends on the state or are you trying to capture the first state to release? For the May exam in California, I got my results on the Thursday of the sixth week but I recall that I had to wait the weekend prior to that since some states released results in the fifth week and we're right there now. It looks like the California board will be having a meeting this Friday to discuss the results so they probably get released next week or the week after that. This Baconator character almost certainly knows more than any of us do. He/She accurately foretold the release dates for April and has some sort of inside info. 

Depends on the state or are you trying to capture the first state to release? For the May exam in California, I got my results on the Thursday of the sixth week but I recall that I had to wait the weekend prior to that since some states released results in the fifth week and we're right there now. It looks like the California board will be having a meeting this Friday to discuss the results so they probably get released next week or the week after that. This Baconator character almost certainly knows more than any of us do. He/She accurately foretold the release dates for April and has some sort of inside info. 
This is the odds of the first batch of releases, not state dependent, just the first day any state releases results via NCEES

Back