Oct 2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How worried should I be if I received an ASCE PE review pamphlet in the mail? Granted they used my student info from back my grad school days
OMG no you didn't????

Did you get the PPI one too??

ASCE and PPI always get the list of those who failed before the official release so they can start pushing their review courses :(

OMG no you didn't????

ASCE and PPI always get the list of those who failed before the official release so they can start pushing their review courses :(
Really? That's not true!  ... is it?

OMG no you didn't????

I heard that too.  A friend of a guy's brother who used to deliver the mail to NCEES said that they run a statistical analysis on the results and send pamphlets to those that failed but still have a chance of passing.  If you didn't get anything in the mail it means you either passed or are a lost cause!  ;)

Very true. The PPI email is pretty much the kiss of death.
I don't buy it. I got emails for discounted materials during the exam so that theory doesn't really work.

Unless of course the proctors were really PPI spies and knew my result before I even finished the test...

I checked my e-mail, and I had one of these e-mails from PPI dated the day after the exam (which was halloween) so I wouldn't put much weight on those e-mails.  It does make you a bit paranoid though! 

16 minutes ago, John QPE said:

I checked my e-mail, and I had one of these e-mails from PPI dated the day after the exam (which was halloween) so I wouldn't put much weight on those e-mails.  It does make you a bit paranoid though! 
I hope I'm just being paranoid, it's my second go and I don't remember if I've received anything similar in the mail..

Again it could be seasonal discount thing in time for the April '16 exam

I wouldn't put much weight in the emails but the physical mail might have some weight. I failed in April and never got an email from either ASCE or PPI, but I am pretty sure I remember getting a pamphlet in the mail for an ASCE or PPI review course and getting mad wondering how they got my information, because I'd never given either of them my information.

I heard that too.  A friend of a guy's brother who used to deliver the mail to NCEES said that they run a statistical analysis on the results and send pamphlets to those that failed but still have a chance of passing.  If you didn't get anything in the mail it means you either passed or are a lost cause!  ;)
Newman!!!

Has anyone tried asking ncees when the results will be released? They were quite helpful prior to the test... not sure if the response will be 8 to 10 weeks from test date so I haven't tried asking.
I just did. And yes was stiff-armed with the 8 to 10 weeks from date. However, I did get a glimmer of hope as they said: "we haven't heard of a date as of yet".

If I get ultra-anxious I can call back and ask: "have you head of the date results will be released?

probably won't call. We are close enough by now...

Gosh I never get anxiety but waiting for test results this long is insane!! I am tired of having PE result dreams!!

Back