Oct 2015

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recommend you start drinking heavily
xTiTnyIkVcDKLJyhAA.gif

Those of us lucky enough to live in the great state of Kansas get to wait an extra few days since we only get notified by snail mail.  I guess it's an improvement over waiting for a telegraph to be delivered on horseback.

Our exams are still in transit to the grading site on the back of a large tortoise. They should get there by Friday. Then an elderly professor will grade them by hand during commercial breaks while watching Murder She Wrote, and the results will be sent out 2 weeks after that to our state boards, delivered by homing pigeons with a bad sense of direction.

Just in case someone wanted to know based upon the last 9 releases (adding 3.5 days to April results to account for thanksgiving) there is a  0.0010% chance results will be released today.

You're welcome.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems the turnaround times are getting faster and faster, with October 2014 being the exception.
That delay was largely because the Petro Engineers had a later cut score determination meeting. The Nuke E's were the delay two years prior. We'l know in a week via the December NCEES Liscensure Exchange if there is going to be any exam review meetings later in December.

It looks like the mining engineers had a new exam this go around, so that could be a source of delay. But they had a meeting already in early November so they might not need another meeting, or a follow up meeitng might be at the begining of December so there wouldn't be much of a delay if any versus expectations. Who knows...

I got an email today from PPI regarding a sale Monday.

I remember earlier this year I got an email about a PPI sale for the weekend, and someone on the boards said "sale time, results will be here this week"; and boy he was right. Friday at 5pm I got the bad news.

Food for thought. :D

I got an email today from PPI regarding a sale Monday.

I remember earlier this year I got an email about a PPI sale for the weekend, and someone on the boards said "sale time, results will be here this week"; and boy he was right. Friday at 5pm I got the bad news.

Food for thought. :D
I'm hoping you're right! I want my result. Of course I don't want bad news, but if that's what I get at least I will know what I need to do and what my next 5 months look like.

While I haven't gotten the email for Monday's sale, I did get two emails on exam day 10/30/15 from PPI about discounted products, and four more since then. I guess they know engineers tend to estimate conservatively - in this case, considering the definite possibility of failure.

I'm hoping you're right! I want my result. Of course I don't want bad news, but if that's what I get at least I will know what I need to do and what my next 5 months look like.

While I haven't gotten the email for Monday's sale, I did get two emails on exam day 10/30/15 from PPI about discounted products, and four more since then. I guess they know engineers tend to estimate conservatively - in this case, considering the definite possibility of failure.
not happening. this is the thanksgiving week. They are too busy planning and thinking about their long weekend. and then, monday and tuesday of next week they will be reflecting so those too, are lost days.

Mike's wisdom in this matter can't be denied. I default to his judgment. But it was worth throwing it in the minds of everyone.

not happening. this is the thanksgiving week. They are too busy planning and thinking about their long weekend. and then, monday and tuesday of next week they will be reflecting so those too, are lost days.

Mike's wisdom in this matter can't be denied. I default to his judgment. But it was worth throwing it in the minds of everyone.
For sure, no actual expectations on my end of getting results this week. Just delusionally optimistic that NCEES surprises us all!

Back